“Casual dining. Great food.” 4 of 5 stars

1006 Cody Ave, Hays, KS
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Muskogee, Oklahoma
“Casual dining. Great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Five smoked meats, 9 good sauces. Sandwiches, plates, fries and slaw - all good. Fried oreos good- need powdered sugar to be better.

• Visited June 2013

“A work on progress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My family wanted to try out this new place in our fine town. When I think great bbq food; I think meat that is so tender it falls apart even if you look at it. Not the case here. The pulled pork I had was good but not tender. We did try all of thier sauces, I liked the "Carolina mustard best". Which is not a bbq sauce. My husband gave them all a 3 out of 5. Non where bad but non stuck out. The service was friendly the only thing we waited for was more water. The sides were ok but non gave us a wow factor. We finished with the bread pudding. It was served cold with a vanilla sauce that was also cold. I have never had cold bread pudding and think I will stick to hot. I know they are new so we will be back again to see how the progress. Especially when they get there liquor licence and I can have a beer or whiskey with my bbq.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Great family owned restaurant. Top BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I travel the country looking for places like this. I knew it was a good sign when I discovered they use a Traeger Grill for their BBQ, and smoking as most of the top joints I've found have this in common. The chicken and ribs were amazing. I'll definitely make my way back here when I get backto this part of the country.

• Visited May 2013
Hays, Kansas, United States
“Great Brisket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family loves to dine out, and we didn't know this place was open in Hays. We ordered a variety of meats and sides for our family or four to sample and share. The food was excellent! I love brisket and I was not disappointed. The variety of sauces was different. We look forward to having their food again.

• Visited April 2013