“Home style Italian in the middle of Kansas...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
“Home style Italian in the middle of Kansas...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The outside appearance isn't eye appealing but inside is clean and orderly. It was fairly busy when we arrived and we were seated promptly. Lots of adequate seating. The waiter was polite and attentive to our needs. My meal was fixed incorrectly and he caught it before it came to the table. He was apologetic and explained the system does like to accept orders omitting an item at times. It came shortly after he had explained the delay. My meal was good. My husband got a seafood pasta and said it was good. He said it is a traditional Italian dish comparing to meals he had in Italy. The salad was just lettuce with a few onion slices nothing fancy. The house dressing was good. The bread was good. Nice hot and fresh but it was not an Italian bread. The oil to dip in needed more spices added it was rather weak. The menu prices were comparable to other restaurants. . All in all it was good and will be going back. Oh we did notice the floors were sticky too but they were clean must be the cleaning solution they are using.

jrbjhb
“Little noticed gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Napoli's seems to get forgotten about at times, especially at lunch. Not much trafffic when we were there, but picked up after a bit. I think they do well during tourist season as it is close to a motel, and I have seen them full to the gills on a mother's day or other holiday. The pasta and other food is consistently good quality and we love the garlic and basil olive oil that is served with the bread. Or at least I used to. I have an intolerance for gluten, can no longer have the bread and although they do not, to date, serve gluten-free pasta they made me a WONDERFUL vegetable mix of mushrooms, onions and peppers and other veggies as an alternative. It was the perfect side for my eggplant parmigiana. These are very good cooks.

My only concern was the floor seemed a bit sticky, but maybe it was just about to be mopped. I am sure it is better by now.

• Visited February 2013