“Great stay in Hays” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Hays
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great stay in Hays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Agree with all the great reviews for this location. Must add the front desk attendant was very cheery and welcoming. Location is great, close to I 70 but not too close, no road noise. Right next to a Wal Mart in case you need anything. Love the bed and the pillows.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We chose this Holiday Inn Express based on the reviews in TA. It IS a great place to stay. New, nice trendy decor, lovely and clean rooms and VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS! Both my husband and I experienced very restful sleep. HIEX also offers two kinds of pillows--soft and firm-- for guests' comfort. The bathroom was large and well-appointed with plenty of absorbent towels-- a far cry from the measly, thin ones commonly found in most mid-range motels. One problem that HIEX should address is the lack of safety treads in their bathtubs. Or else they need to put a safety handle towards the back of the tub to provide security while one is taking a shower. I did not feel secure turning around in the shower. In addition, the shower head was pretty high and difficult to reach to adjust the flow of the water. My husband does not concur with my assessment of the shower head or tub slipperiness that I mentioned. This wasn't that big of a deal because everything else at Holiday Inn Express met and exceeded my expectations. In addition, their morning breakfast was very filling-- eggs (cheese omelet), sausage, variety of breads and juices, sweet rolls, pancakes, bananas, apples and coffee and tea. The dining room was large; looked more like a restaurant. There was plenty of room between tables. We also appreciated the free WI-FI. If all Holiday Inn Express motels are on par with this one in Hays, we'll be looking at this chain more frequently.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Chose this Motel based on my experiences with this Brand, and was again pleased. This appears to be a very new, or very well maintained motel. Or both. I was concerned about Interstate 70 noise, but this motel is nicely situated a couple blocks off the Interstate. Nice check in process, plenty of amentities, and room was spic and clean. Didn't try the breakfast, and found internet very dependable and fast. I'd

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight on our way to M. Great experience. Very clean room & GREAT comfortable bed! No trouble with noise. Good breakfast. Good value. Great location. Friendly staff. Will definitely use Holiday Inn Express again!

• Stayed September 2012
Greeley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting Fort Hays State University. This is one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in. It is very new and kept very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This probably is the best property in Hays and in a quiet area near Wal-mart and Applebees. I am a travel agent and usually get very good rates. The rate I paid at this property is pretty high even for an agent and I don't know that it is that much better than say the Fairfield or a few others if I was paying regular rates though. The breakfast is the normal HI Express- nothing great but the hostess is friendly and keeps things very clean and fully stocked. Breakfast room is one of the largest I have seen too with plenty of seating. Elevators were some of the slowest ever if that bothers you. Book a 1st floor room if you are antsy. We used the stairs usually. I would recommend this place if you are willing to pay a bit extra.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Reception person was very pleasant. Very clean nice room. Very good breakfast. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever encountered in a chain. One of the waitresses, ChristieAnna, was so sweet and helpful. She had been working at a wonderful resturant we eat at in downtown Hays, "the Rooftop Resteraunt", we always plan our stops in western Kansas so we can stop there for dinner. Even though she wasn't our waitress, she was very helpful while we were there and remembered us from our meeting. She should be commended for her exceptional work and knack for making guests feel good. Our other motel experience in Hays, and some of the surrounding towns along I70, left us not excited about spending the night in the area, but we have changed our minds about that now that we have stayed in the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: We came in early evening, so only had a handicapped room available, but it worked out great because...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Driving cross country we decided to spend the night at the Holiday Inn in Hays, KS. I decided to pay for the room using my Priority Club Rewards Points because the nightly room rate was excessive for Western Kansas. The hotel appeared to be clean and up to date. Very comfortable beds and nice flat screen tv.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays? Share your experiences!