“Quite!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Hays
Arkansas
“Quite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the BW in Hays and we're so glad we did. The room was very spacey, very comfortable beds, and so very quite. Didn't 't hear a peep from other rooms. All staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Best room we had on our trip of 7 days and to top the the visit to Hays, we got to eat supper at Freddy's!

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bixby, Oklahoma, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very nice stay at the Best Western Butterfield Inn. Room was very spacious with 2 queen beds and lounge area and room to walk around. It was nicely appointed, clean and well-maintained. Staff was friendly. Excellent breakfast. Very enjoyable stay.

Ottawa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Not knowing what was up ahead going west to Colorado on I-70, we decided to stop in Hays KS before we were too tired and boy am I glad we did! As soon as we entered the foyer, we were taken care of as though we were their only guests. The room was very clean, tidy and well furnished. The pool was at the perfect temperature and the hot tub was nice and steamy. There are plenty of restaurants close by to choose from. I loved the clock radio with the awesome dimmer lights. Normally I have to cover the clocks at other hotels so that I can sleep. Light bothers me. Thank you Best Western for a perfect night's sleep.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while family attended seminar at college in town. It was newer, clean, one of the quietest hotels I've been at in a long time. The free breakfast was great---hot waffles actually made by 2 ladies that oversaw the breakfast. It was the first time I've been to one of these where someone actually made the waffles for you (usually these hot irons are not real user friendly at times) and they offered hot little eggs/cheese/bacon/potato things that were tasty and easy to grab and go with. Juices, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit-----large selection of items. Great hot tub and pool. Had my grand-daughter with me to watch over while her mom attended the training. We spent the better part of 2 days in the pool and she loved it. They even had an electric lift for those with disabilities that would need it to access the pool. This was the first time I have ever seen that at a hotel pool. Everyone was very friendly, and the employee who was at the front desk the day we left was kind enough to extend some extra time to us for the room and
the pool area when we needed a place to hang out till we could head home. Only thing that irked me was when I got my bill, I found they had charged me $1.50 a day for use of the safe in the closet. We never used it or touched it...never had such a charge before on a room bill. If you stay you may want to be sure they don't add that on. Didn't realize it till I got home. All in all...very nice place. Lots of great restaurants nearby, a Walmart close, Home-Depot, Sternburg Museum with animatronic dinosaurs on exhibit. We never made it--but there is an Aquatic Park nearby and it sounded like fun. Definately worth a stay here!

Room Tip: I always request room at the end of a hall, upper floor, away from elevators and ice machines. That...
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a very nice place place, probably the best in Hays. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The bed was comfortable with great bedding. The staff is very courteous and helpful. So why didn't I give it a 5? The breakfast. Which actually looked decent. But if I wanted it I would have had to stand in line and then probably eat it standing up. At 7:00 there was plenty of room. I didn't want it at 7:00 but rather at 8:30. And so did everyone else. Sure it was a Saturday on a holiday weekend. I don't care. If the dining area cannot seat all of its customers that is what I'm going to remember about the place. Go down the street to Pheasant Run instead. Oh yeah this Best Western also has an annoying policy of adding $1.50 per night for use of the in-room safe. If you don't use the safe you can ask to have the charge waived. But you have to ask. I shouldn't have to worry about that. So if you're looking for a good nights rest this is the place in Hays. Just be aware of the breakfast issue. And if you are just passing through it is conveniently located just off the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Pricier than a couple surrounding hptels( 100 + compared to $60) but so well worth a comfortable nights sleep right off the hays exit! Great complimentary breakfast and overall clean and quiet!
We left a crappy hotel down the
Road for this and it was so well worth the extra hustle!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Butterfield Inn? Share your experiences!