“So glad we stopped here!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Ottawa, Kansas
“So glad we stopped here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Not knowing what was up ahead going west to Colorado on I-70, we decided to stop in Hays KS before we were too tired and boy am I glad we did! As soon as we entered the foyer, we were taken care of as though we were their only guests. The room was very clean, tidy and well furnished. The pool was at the perfect temperature and the hot tub was nice and steamy. There are plenty of restaurants close by to choose from. I loved the clock radio with the awesome dimmer lights. Normally I have to cover the clocks at other hotels so that I can sleep. Light bothers me. Thank you Best Western for a perfect night's sleep.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wichita, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while family attended seminar at college in town. It was newer, clean, one of the quietest hotels I've been at in a long time. The free breakfast was great---hot waffles actually made by 2 ladies that oversaw the breakfast. It was the first time I've been to one of these where someone actually made the waffles for you (usually these hot irons are not real user friendly at times) and they offered hot little eggs/cheese/bacon/potato things that were tasty and easy to grab and go with. Juices, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit-----large selection of items. Great hot tub and pool. Had my grand-daughter with me to watch over while her mom attended the training. We spent the better part of 2 days in the pool and she loved it. They even had an electric lift for those with disabilities that would need it to access the pool. This was the first time I have ever seen that at a hotel pool. Everyone was very friendly, and the employee who was at the front desk the day we left was kind enough to extend some extra time to us for the room and
the pool area when we needed a place to hang out till we could head home. Only thing that irked me was when I got my bill, I found they had charged me $1.50 a day for use of the safe in the closet. We never used it or touched it...never had such a charge before on a room bill. If you stay you may want to be sure they don't add that on. Didn't realize it till I got home. All in all...very nice place. Lots of great restaurants nearby, a Walmart close, Home-Depot, Sternburg Museum with animatronic dinosaurs on exhibit. We never made it--but there is an Aquatic Park nearby and it sounded like fun. Definately worth a stay here!

Room Tip: I always request room at the end of a hall, upper floor, away from elevators and ice machines. That...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a very nice place place, probably the best in Hays. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The bed was comfortable with great bedding. The staff is very courteous and helpful. So why didn't I give it a 5? The breakfast. Which actually looked decent. But if I wanted it I would have had to stand in line and then probably eat it standing up. At 7:00 there was plenty of room. I didn't want it at 7:00 but rather at 8:30. And so did everyone else. Sure it was a Saturday on a holiday weekend. I don't care. If the dining area cannot seat all of its customers that is what I'm going to remember about the place. Go down the street to Pheasant Run instead. Oh yeah this Best Western also has an annoying policy of adding $1.50 per night for use of the in-room safe. If you don't use the safe you can ask to have the charge waived. But you have to ask. I shouldn't have to worry about that. So if you're looking for a good nights rest this is the place in Hays. Just be aware of the breakfast issue. And if you are just passing through it is conveniently located just off the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Pricier than a couple surrounding hptels( 100 + compared to $60) but so well worth a comfortable nights sleep right off the hays exit! Great complimentary breakfast and overall clean and quiet!
We left a crappy hotel down the
Road for this and it was so well worth the extra hustle!

• Stayed June 2013
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Check in was pleasant and very quick....the rooms was so nice...I have stayed at many other more expensive hotels that were not near as nice! Clean, large rooms, large bathrooms. Just my first night. So not sure how breakfast will go but so far A++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed for one night while passing through. They were sold of of King rooms so we had a room with 2 queens instead. The room was clean and fairly large. The bed was comfy and quite soft and the pillows were not too warn. The bathroom was just normal and the shower was OK but we had problems switching it properly to shower from the tap, it kind of got stuck half way.

The only downside was that the room smelt a little stuffy on arrival. They have an efficient air con that you set at a certain temp and it will stick to it - however this means that the windows do not open at all and they are completely sealed - stops the wind howling but sometimes you just want fresh and not recycled air.

Didn't have time to use the pool (open 9am to 11pm) or have breakfast. All the staff we spoke to were polite and efficient.

Will definitely be our choice if in town again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Butterfield Inn? Share your experiences!