“I Recommend A Stay At The Highland Hotel & Convntion Center” 5 of 5 stars

Highland Hotel and Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3017 10th Street, Great Bend, KS 67530   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Great Bend
Lawrence, Kansas
“I Recommend A Stay At The Highland Hotel & Convntion Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The first weekend in June 2013, I stayed at the Highland Hotel & Convention Center in Great Bend, KS. I felt compelled to write this review, to get it out to the public. Because everyone needs to know that Great Bend, KS has a 5 Star Hotel. I recommend the Highland Hotel & Convention Center if you are staying in Great Bend, KS. I have visited and stayed at a lot of Hotels in Kansas during my years of work and travel. But no other Hotel has treated me as a valued guest, as the Highland Hotel. Reservations were a breeze. On my arrival, I was greeted very friendly, and by name. My accommodations were asked, and they were met 100%. My room was in excellent condition! My stay was so wonderful that I extended my checkout to an extra day. The Price, the Rooms, Location, Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi, the Restaurant, and the Bar Lounge are all right there at the Highland Hotel. All your needs in one location. I would also like to Thank and recognize the Manager, Mr. Mike Tropani, and his Staff at the Highland Hotel & Convention Center for doing an Excellent job in not letting the Highland Hotel be just another mediocre Hotel on 10th Street. Mike and his Staff really care about their guests, and I am a witness. But don't just take my word, stay at the Highland Hotel & Convention Center, and you will see for yourself what I am talking about. As a matter of fact, I will be booking reservations at the Highland Hotel for my trip in July. Bottom line, if you just want to stay in a Hotel that just books you in and gives you a key with no hospitality or friendly interaction, then I respect that. BUT, if you are looking for a Hotel with a great Staff, great Management, who are interested in YOU, and your stay, then I recommend the Highland Hotel & Convention Center! I will always stay there when visiting in and around Great Bend, KS. The Highland Hotel & Convention Center, a 5 Star Hotel in the Plains of Kansas. Don't miss out!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here as part of a big group. Afternoon/evening reception staff friendly.
Rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment - they just look scruffy, but I think the maids are doing the best job they can.
Biggest problem I found (in the night) was that the toilet was taking 2 hours to re-fill with water - so ended up having to use the ice bucket to fill the cistern with water from the bath tap. I told the morning receptionist, who didn't even apologise.

However, the breakfast staff must be given praise. They had oatmeal, pancakes, eggs ready for 30 of us before the normal opening time - we'd all been served within 5 minutes. Best breakfast service we've had anywhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel has seen better days. Our room was supposed to have a microwave, but did not. The coffee maker did not work. Neither did the heater in the room. The walls were lacking insulation. We could hear the words on the radio when the alarm went off a room away. We later could hear another alarm several rooms away. Don't get a room with an exterior entrance. You will hear every car & person outside. The heater to our room was missing the top piece (probably the reason for the lack of heat). We've stayed in GB before. We should have stuck with the Best Western across the street. While it is a bit loud too - it was much nicer.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room with an exterior entrance.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Great Bend hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great prices! Great location! Awesome staff! Amenities we superb! Great food at the downstairs restaurant, Heated Pool, Jacuzzi. Plus the Amazing Customer Service! Would recommend this hotel 100%. Mike & his staff were more than friendly & were able to accommodate myself & my crew with the 10 Rooms that we needed in a quick timely manner. We are a long way from home (Texas) but the Highland Hotel made us feel right at home!

If there was a higher rating than 5 I would definitely give it a 10++++

Thank You for a wonderful stay!
Cris

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The service was great real friendly, the rooms were fantastic and clean.
The pool area well kept, exercise equipment location was neat overseeing the pool area. The jacuzzi was a amazing touch and overall I couldn't ask for a better stay!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

While in great Bend for business had stayed 1 night, and after talking to the gm he told me they were sold out in one breath after he heard my complaints he said he would switche to a room he assured me I wouldn't have any problems with. Awful to sum it up in one word, and that's being nice. The bed is hard as a rock, the bathroom was outdated and towels looked like they had been used for 30 years. The door to the room shuts but doesn't lock, and doesn't seal so you can hear the wind and everyone outside the room. I told the staff I would be checking out 2 days early, the gm then told me they would have to bill me for at least 2 nights since they had been turning away people. After the horrible experience I wouldn't refer anyone to this place nor will I ever stay here again.

Great Bend, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff is awesome, rooms very clean but the hot tub had such a green hue to it, i feared getting into it. Also the video games, sauna, and pool table was broken. I will say the pool was crystal clear.

Only beef with the room was that the outlets were loose. By that i mean you plugged stuff in, and the stuff would fall out. I did like the fact that between the beds there was a multi tap outlet so for those with cpap machines, it was easy to set up.

If someone wanted to be picky, one could say the picture on the tv was horrible. Im thinking its more with how the cable is wired in the building as the tv was new hd.

Would stay there again, i just hope they get stuff fixed, and the hot tub clean. With the price being higher end (80 bucks) it would of been nice to get a discount on their awesome breakfast buffet.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Highland Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!