“Horrible place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Goodland
Topeka, Kansas
“Horrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Run don't just walk away from this place. Room has a bad odor, run down, dirty , and that's not even counting the large cockroaches! The only thing good I can say is the person who was working the front desk was very friendly. This is the first bad experience I have had with a Motel 6, Next time I stay at one I will insist on checking the room before paying

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
rtysd12, Owner at Motel 6 Goodland, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we do not have cockroaches in our rooms. Our staff works hard to clean the rooms and spends enough time to clean the rooms.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Millersburg, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We are moving across country and we opted to reserve our room earlier in the day to ensure we got a room by the time we arrived. Well we arrived right at about 6pm and when we got to our room we were shocked. Outwardly the motel is old and run down, but looks can be deceiving sometimes so we asked to see the room before we checked in. As soon as we opened the door we were greeted with an awful sour, moldy smell. Upon turning on the lights, which barely lit the room, we could see that everything in the room was in very poor repair. The room was very warm and the A/C did not work. The bathroom was absolutely filthy with mold everywhere, brown slime in the shower and sink and the toilet obviously hadn't been cleaned in some time. There were even several massive smears of fecal matter on the walls in the bathroom that had just been left there. In the few minutes we were in the room we also saw several roaches and bed bugs. Not to mention the pool, which is described, is empty and filled with trash, just like the rest of the property. When we spoke to the clerk working, a middle aged Indian/middle eastern guy, about the room and our wishes to cancel our reservation because of the deplorable condition of the rooms or at least be moved to another room he very rudely told us no and snapped asking what took us so long to look at the room. He then told us that it didn't matter if we stayed at the motel or not, he WAS going to charge us for the room, despite it not being at all as described we did not wish to stay in a dirty room with bed bugs. So we will be dealing with corporate to get our money back because we did not stay there. We stayed across the street the Super 8, which is at least habitable and clean with a friendly staff. Beware of this property!!! This is as low as it gets!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The room had stuff left from the previous occupants, pushed under the beds. The shower had dirty water left in the bottom, it doesn't drain. The hot and cold water on the faucets are backwards. Blankets had crusty bodily fluids left in them. Wash the blankets after every new stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Bryanna V, Marketing Representative at Motel 6 Goodland, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience you endured during your stay. I am surprised you experienced these problems. The housekeepers change the sheets after every guest and spend nearly an hour cleaning each individual room. Our maintenance personnel constantly check the drains to ensure they properly drain.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback on your recent stay. We are always working toward improvement and your feedback will help us do so. We hope you give us a second opportunity to raise ourselves in your eyes.

Bryanna V.
Soke-on-Trent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

One-night stop on my road trip here for the night. like previous contributors have said it's an old place now and really needs some serious money spending on it, then it would be great place to stay when you are hammering along I-70 on the Kansas plains. No problems at check-in, 5 minutes all done. I had room 103 near to the reception, kitchen and laundry, so ideal. clean room, well serviced, everything as you would expect,good sized shower unit, the control knob worked back-to-front, turn it to the cold setting give you hot water. Had a good nights sleep, bed creaked a little, but fine. Wi-Fi was actually free for this Motel 6 , so bit of bonus, good speed and solid connection, no "drop-outs". In the morning I went the 12th street diner right by the big grain silos in the town, about 1 mile away for a great American-diner breakfast, great value and really enjoyed it. There are plenty of eating places in walking distance, a McDonalds across the road, and a Wal-Mart 400 yards down the frontage road of the motel. Gets my vote, but does need some money spending on it, the TV was antique, but worked fine, loads of cable channels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bryanna V, Marketing Representative at Motel 6 Goodland, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Motel 6 in Goodland, Kansas. We strive to proved each guest with excellent services.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us.

We can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Bryanna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The person in charge obviously dislikes women. After I paid and got into my room, I was very displeased. Since it was only one night I decided it would do. The tv channels didnt come in, the beds were low and uncomfortable. The microwave wasn't even in a location it could be plugged in without unplugging the tv first. I went out to tell clerk about tv and another made came questioning me about the amount of people in my room. He was speaking in another language to the clerk and turned to me and was very aggressive. I have never felt so low class as this man made me feel. I thought he was going to backhand me because I stood up for myself. I told him we would gladly leave if he refunded my money as we were only there a totally of 15 minutes. He refused and told me to get out. We removed our things and left to another hotel. I felt so threatened and would never let my family stay in that environment. I wouldn't have paid 5$ for that room knowing what I know now and that's taking out the issue with the man. The competitor hotel said they were know to have bed bugs as well. The pool was empty too. Thus place is independently owned and dies not love up to the motel 6 standard. Keep driving!

• Stayed June 2013
Bryanna V, Marketing Representative at Motel 6 Goodland, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay here with us. We strive to provide a warming environment for everyone that walks through the doors. We apologize for any negativity on your visit. I will be sure to speak to management and discuss the issue. Thank for reviewing us and providing an insight on your experience with us.

Bryanna
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a cheap clean room that doesnt smell like smoke. After several motels we stopped at this motel 6. The clerk was very hateful when we asked to see a room so we drove to super 8 and It was wonderful reception.
I figure if they wont let you see the room they must be pretty bad.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you may endured. I will address this issue with management. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on our property.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Another night at a Motel 6 this one was in Goodland KS. I arrived late night check in and was given a room very close to the office. This is an old property and it showed but I must say it was clean and comfortable although sparse but I was just spending the night so all was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Goodland? Share your experiences!