“Animal lovers - this is your spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Goddard
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne FL
“Animal lovers - this is your spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was blown away the first time I walked into Tanganyika. It's so open and interactive. I'd never been to a place like it. We got the membership that day, because we knew we'd be back again and again! We went all year in 2012, but I'm sorry to say we've just moved to another state... the next time we're in Kansas, we will be back to visit Tanganyika. When you go there, please give my love to Bob and Styan, the red pandas!

Visited April 2012

Haysville, Kansas, United States
“Wildside in the Backyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We never get tired of going! Tanganyika, while not nearly as large as the SC Zoo, has a HUGE selection of animals for its size. Where else can you ride a camel, pet a giraffe, feed a rhino, and see so many endangered offspring?! Tanganika has friendly well-educated staff who take care of the animals, but the guests as well. Great place to have a family reunion, company picnic, birthday parties, and yes even weddings! Love that you can do so much at a place that strives to bring back the endangered species. They are helping to ensure that my future grandkids will be able to see animals that may not be around in 20-30 years. Great Job!

Visited August 2012
Wichita, Kansas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I took an afternoon and visited Tanganyika. He was able to feed a Rino, we fed Giraffes, pet Kangaroos, birds and even Lemurs! if you want to get up close and personal with these creatures, Tanganyika provides a safe and fun environmental for ages to enjoy. We will be going back this spring, can't wait!! It's not so big as to be overwhelming, but not too small to be disappointing. The zoo staff was also very knowledgeable about the animals they care for, My husband and I were both very impressed.

Visited June 2012
Wakita, Oklahoma, United States
“Great family outting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family loves going to Tanganyika! We have season tickets and enjoy it more every time we go. We love the fact that we can interact with a lot of the animals, and have seen several animals that we haven't seen in some zoos. My son was especially impressed that he got to pet a porcupine and red kangaroos.

Visited September 2012
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Up close and tons of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My girls had a blast at the wildlife park. I love the fact that you don't have to march everywhere you go just to see it all! My girls love to feed the animals and I love the fact that it is a local small business we are supporting!

Visited June 2012