“Nice spot in Western Ks. to rest” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Garden City
Topeka, Kansas
“Nice spot in Western Ks. to rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our King bed room was very clean, with an icebox, and microwave. The room had two TV's one from viewing while sitting on a nice couch and the other from bed, thus the wife and I could view the stations we wished at the same time.
The outside was well lighted which provides some level of security for your car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cherie N, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. It was nice to hear from someone who has stayed in our updated King Suites. Again thanks for the nice revie and we will see you next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

All I have to say is great!!!!! From the time of check in the front desk lady Antionette greeted me very well . Bonnie is an excellent bartender. Wanda was so polite. Room was outstanding!!! The entire staff i met was great. Although my room was pricey (Its worth the price) this is the best comfort inn i ever been to in my life. This place is managed well !! The breakfast was awesome if i could give 20 stars i would. I will definitely let anyone i know to stay there if they pass through. Thanks for the best stay ever!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Cherie N, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! Our staff are the best (we think!) and it is awesome to have them acknowledged by a guest. We do work very hard to keep our hotel the best in town. Again, thank you for the wonderful review and see you next trip!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I travel all across the US staying at hotels about 15-20 nights a month. I have never had as much trouble as I did staying here. I called and ask if they had parking for trucks pulling trailers. I was told yes the did. I ask if the parking was located on the property. The lady said yes it was on the property. I then as if it was in a certain location like the left, right, east, or west of the building. There was a long silence on the other end of the line. So I rephrased the question and ask if it was in an obvious spot. She replied yes if was obvious. I pulled on to the property with the trailer. Guess what..... No parking for trailers. I was then stuck in the lot. Ok no big deal, hopefully some people will be gone and I can get out in the morning. Room was clean no problem there. Now time for check out. The clerk tells me she CAN NOT give me a receipt. After arguing with her for about 3 min. She says that she may be able to give me a receipt and not get into trouble. What!!! Get in trouble for giving someone a receipt really. Went into the breakfast area to be greeted by several flies so I did not eat there. This property needs to get it together.

• Stayed September 2013
Cherie N, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Garden City Comfort inn. We are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations about our truck parking availability. We apologize about our employee misunderstanding about your receipt, and also the flies which is a problem. We worked out an agreement with staples to use their parking area, we sprayed flies and I take full responsibility for the training issue. First impression is the best however; please give us a second chance to prove how great we really are. Email your address to Gm.ks073@choicehotels.com. We will send you a voucher for a free night stay. Sorry for inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

From the moment you check in, you can see that they're very focused on customer service here. Antonette was very pleasant and helpful while she checked me in - and while doing so gave me a run down of all the amenities, which was very helpful. There are little touches throughout the property that will win you over... the hershey kisses at the check in desk, soft and firm pillows on the guest beds, the snack provided in the evening (I would call it a light meal - while I was there it was a taco bar), the mini rubber duckie by the bathtub in the guest room... all these things are pleasant surprises that you don't see everywhere. Every staff member I saw was very nice and helpful and the breakfast bar will surely have enough to satisfy you. The only disappointment (and it was only minor) was that the hot tub jets weren't working right while I was there, but I feel assured that since I reported it to Antonette she'll get it fixed right away. Overall, the property is conveniently located near the highway (although the driveway is awkwardly placed...) and you'll have everything you need. I'm looking forward to my next trip here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cherie N, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure to read. I apologize for delay in responding, and also for the "hiccups" we had. But all in all, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we will see you next trip!
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Gave this a little higher rating due to the friendly and thoughtful staff (Antronette sp?). We checked in around 7pm and learned they were putting out a light snack. This sounded great, maybe we wouldn't have to go anywhere for dinner. We completed the check-in, used the handy luggage cart to get everything to our room, parked the car, freshened up and went to the dining area. Antronette knew we were tired and hungry and had held back a small amount for us just in case the food was gone by the time we got there, how thoughtful was that!! The pulled pork sandwich and potato salad were more than enough for us. Chips and cheese dip then came out - we definitely did not need dinner after that. We also enjoyed drinks from the bar.

Very comfortable bed and linens. Only problem was the fridge really wasn't cold so no help keeping our drinks and ice paks at the proper temp. The chair and one side of the drapes over the A/C had stains and the water pressure left a lot to be desired.

Breakfast was sufficient with a variety of choices.

Even with the few disappointments we would stay again if back in the area due to the wonderful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's pretty basic. Close to the highway. Near some decent restaurants. Pretty plain and simple. Quiet. Friendly staff. I'd recommend the top floor (third). They have a little hotel bar that's open until 10, I think. Some sausage patties, OJ, rolls and cereal until 9 a.m.

Room Tip: Like almost any hotel, top floor. Half face the parking lot, the others face the side of Staples st...