“Another good Fairfield” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Emporia
Winnipeg, Canada
“Another good Fairfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Reading the previous reviews, it sounds as if we stayed at a totally different Fairfield Inn. My wife and I found the hotel to be clean and it had no bad odor at all. The breakfast included the Jimmy Dean type bacon & egg and sausage & egg sandwiches which you heat in the microwave along with a choice of cereals etc. The staff was quite pleasant and our room was what we we had reserved.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Emporia, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I travel 90% of the year for work and marriot properties were always my first choice until I stayed here. Rooms are dirty, bathrooms disgusting and the hallways smell of raw sewage.I will never stay at this hotel again. Marriott corporate needs to visit this place and I am sure they will agree. "Shut it down and renovate it or we are pulling our endorsement." I have never written a review before, but I had to share this unpleasent stay with my fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Keep moving and look for a diffrent hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Blue Springs, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn due to location, price, and pool for kids to play.
Pros: Staff was friendly, Rooms clean and comfortable
Cons: Could smell the strong odor of the pool even in our rooms on the 3rd floor. Did not make for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
McAlester, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

We stayed here when we were passing through Kansas and I wish we would have kept going to the next town! We did not have a reservation, and the other hotels in town were booked. The rooms were not very clean and very uncomfortable! I didn't even want my 3 year old sitting on the floor in the room. Most of the bedding went on the floor in a corner when we got there, which is something I don't normally do. I don't feel it was worth the price we paid. One other complaint we had was there was no trailor/truck parking. We were pulling a large U-Haul and had to park it in a restaurant parking lot behind the hotel. So my advice, if you plan on staying in Emporia, call ahead and try to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

This hotel is definitely not worth the money. The desk clerk was rude at check in when I confirmed that the reservation was already paid for by Expedia. She said that it was and still needed the credit card for incidental charges. Upon check out, they charged the card for the room at an inflated rate. Thus, I was double billed for our stay. The staff has been very uncooperative in dealing with their mistake. The rooms were very outdated and not very clean. The heating/ac unit was very loud. Find another place in Emporia to stay or be prepared to pay double for a room that isn't worth the money.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Daphne, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

This property is pretty basic with only a few slight upgrades and the mattress was hard and cheap - I always look under the mattress pad at what I'm sleeping on. There were missing shower curtain rings, we were given 1 small bar of soap but no other amenities like shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles, there was no pen to write with and only a couple sheets of scratch paper in the room. Travelers expect those things in a major hotel chain room, even if they don't use any or all of them.

I asked at the front desk about the adjacent Montana Mike's Steakhouse and was told they offer a 10% discount if you show the hotel room key. We went there for dinner and were very pleased. My AAA rate of $89 was pretty high for this place, and the reason I stayed here was the #1 rating given by TripAdvisor members and because I had a $50 prepaid hotel card that Marriott issued and that I earned with points on my credit card. When I received my credit card statement, I discovered the front desk clerk had scanned my prepaid card wrong and instead of crediting $50 towards my balance due for the stay, I was charged. Now I'm disputing charges on my credit card - so I didn't have a great stay.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

I've stayed here twice within the last year. Both times, I had a good experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The only complaint i have is that the heating unit was loud and banged when i turned it on at about 4a.m.

This is a decent hotel that you can feel comfortable staying at. Staff is good. Breakfast room is WAY too small with only a few tables.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!