“The stay was fine. Due to the king size bed, not much room...” 4 of 5 stars

Emporia-Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3032 W. Highway 50, Emporia, KS 66801   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Emporia
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The stay was fine. Due to the king size bed, not much room...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The stay was fine. Due to the king size bed, not much room on one side. That was ok as we slept good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I checked in for a four night stay. This hotel (really motel) is ancient and is in major need of serious repairs. Deferred maintenance does not adequately describe it. For $40 a night, I did not expect much.

The first night I stayed in Room 30. I could not get a wireless signal which was annoying. The room was reasonably large, but the ceiling had major water damage on one side and needed repairs. The shower was not clean and the toilet did not work. Seeing as I am super low maintenance, I went to the office and told them the toilet did not work and I needed a room with wireless access. They moved me to Room 24. Room 24 has a router in it so I had great wireless reception. Sadly, the desk in this room is right against the bed and there's no room for a chair so you have to sit sideways to use it. Also, if you turn out the lights, the outlets don't work and your cell phone will not charge.

The bed was tolerable, there is a little microwave and the refrigerator is tiny (and also freezes anything you would want to put in there). The frozen Red Bull in the morning was an epic bummer. The toilet in this room also did not work and they had to repair it while I was out. (They left the part which needed to be tossed out on the sidewalk outside the door the whole time). They replaced the light bulb outside the door and shattered it on the sidewalk while changing it. Since the bulb in question was a Low E bulb, the sidewalk outside of Room 24 is now a superfund site contaminated with mercury. I told the worker not to pick it up with his bare hands because he had no idea these things are toxic.

This is a noisy area and the walls are paper thin. Plan accordingly. The HVAC such as it is seriously makes the room overheat. Don't turn it up over 68 at night unless you enjoy frying.

Again, for $40 I expected very little and I can't complain. The front desk people were very nice. I am getting too old to travel this low end anymore because I find myself annoyed with toilets that rock when you use them. Just picky I guess.

Room Tip: Skip room 30 if you want wireless access. Room 24 has the router in it but the use of the desk is li...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Emporia-Days Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Emporia-Days Inn

Address: 3032 W. Highway 50, Emporia, KS 66801
Location: United States > Kansas > Emporia
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Emporia
Hotel Class:2 star — Emporia-Days Inn 2*
Visible from the highway exit, this quiet, family and pet friendly property has everything you need for a relaxing night away! An indoor heated pool and hot tub are available year round for our guests relaxation needs. We offer in-room refrigerators and microwaves, pillow top mattresses, free continental breakfast (including hot waffles), and free high speed internet access in your room (and a computer in the lobby for our guest's use). We also have arrangements with a restaurant in walking distance for our guests to enjoy a hot, home cooked meal at a discount during their stay! We gladly accept your family pets and have plenty of space for them to run in. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Emporia-Days Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Emporia
Emporia Days Inn

If you own or manage Emporia-Days Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.