“Hated it- Beware it's a dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The White Rose Inn

The White Rose Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emporia
The White Rose Inn
You added The White Rose Inn to your Saves list
901 Merchant, Emporia, KS 66801   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Emporia B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hated it- Beware it's a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2003

Hello,Don't get stuck like I did! The pictures on the internet paint a different picture of the place. The owners tell you of a beautiful plush bedroom darned with feather bedding private whirl pool bath, etc. First of all it's location is not desireable and secondly it reminded me of grandmas house. The room was so small that the bed had to be turned cockeyed just so we could walk around the side of it. Wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom. For $129.00 a night I wanted some luxury. We left five minutes after we came to the place, called the management and told them we couldn't stay there- low and behold they still charged my credit card $149.00 for 5 minutes worth of walk through. They are theifs. Buyer Beware! Sheila Switzer

Scarlett L, Owner at The White Rose Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
This review occurred well before my husband and I owned the White Rose Inn but I wanted to address it since some of what is reviewed does still apply to us.

I do believe our location is desirable for many. We are currently the only lodging downtown. We are blocks from ESU and just around the corner from the Granada Theater. We are close to many great local shops and restaurants.

We are somewhat reminiscent of a "grandma house" as are most bed and breakfasts. We have many antiques and try to make our spaces comfortable and homey. It is an old home and has a lot of character. That said we are a younger couple and are in the process of giving the place some updates and putting some of our personality into the Inn.

I cannot be sure but it sounds like the reviewer was in our Paris suite. We are upfront that this is our smallest suite. We have other more spacious suites. The Paris happens to be my favorite, it has a gorgeous curved glass window, cute kitchenette, and cozy reading chair. It's personal preference and if you like more room to spread out one of our other suites may be better suited for you.

We also have different prices and policies from the previous owners. Our one bedroom suites are $79-$99 night. If this scenario were to occur where someone showed up, was not happy and left they would be charged a $25 cancellation fee. Many hotels and B&B's will charge full price for a cancellation but we feel this small fee is more reasonable for us.

I don't believe we are a "dump" but the Inn wasn't what this guest was expecting. For our future guests we will try our best to meet your expectations within our limitations.

Families

Been to The White Rose Inn? Share your experiences!