“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Emporia
kansas city, ks
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at the hotel in June and it was under renovations. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful with everything and very accommodating. The rooms were nice and clean, beds very comfortable. There is no elevator, so be sure to ask for the first floor, but I was told they would be putting one in in the near future. Jessica was helpful with restaurant guidance and directions as to where we needed to go. I look forward to our next visit in Emporia and will definitely be staying here again. Can't wait to see the completed renovations.

Room Tip: don't get too close to the end on the first floor, that's where the ice machine and vending...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Morgan B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Emporia, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on the Emporia Comfort Inn! We strive to meet everyones goals to provide a pleasent stay for each guest and I am happy to hear we were able to do that for you! Currently, we are installing an elevator so yes please state if you need ground floor but hopfully, very soon we will have a funtional elevator. On behalf of the staff and myself, I would like to thank you once again and please come back to see us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Overall our stay was A+++. Mattress was the best, Service was outstanding. I would stay here again. My wife and I were passing through on our destination to Wichita coming from St. Louis. It was a perfect place to break up the long trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Morgan B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Emporia, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! My staff and I strive to reach each and every person's needs and provide a pleasent stay for all. Creating a place for guest to stay and being able to each a level of satisfaction is our passion. Thank you again!
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Good place that is convenient to eating and shopping and only 5 minutes from downtown entertainment. Its either at the end or the beginning of your Kansas Turnpike ride. Place was convenient to good eating places and the place we held our family reunion was 2 blocks away. everything you need is right there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Emporia Comfort Inn. As the manager, I always want to hear how each guest stay was and any feed back to continue to improve. I am pleased to hear we met your needs and provided a pleasent stay for you! I know my staff workes very hard to provide the best service possible. Thank you again!
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

It was a fine stay. Just like most Choice Hotels, the breakfast was predictable, but good. Had some very nice BlueBerry Muffins.
Some of the facilities weren't in service, but they were in the middle of a remodel, so should be okay, soon.
Staff was very friendly, the room was clean.
I would stay there, again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so old geezers like me should ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Morgan B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Emporia, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! It lets me know how the hotel is doing from a guest's point of view. We are under the last little bit of construction and I am hoping to have everything finish here very shortly. My staff has worked very hard to provide a good stay during our construction time and they will be pleased it helped make your stay pleasent! Thank you once again!
Perkins, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We spent the past two nights here and found the accommodations very comfortable. After reading some of the past reviews, we were not sure what to expect, but we would stay here again.
Rooms were clean, the bedding was first-rate and the mattresses great. The hotel is doing some renovation, but nothing that will get in your way. No elevator (I suspect that may be part of the renovation work), so make sure to ask for ground floor if that matters to you.
The hotel is right off the interstate, and there are lots of restaurants and other stores nearby.
Staff was friendly, and the continental breakfast was good.
The only reason I wouldn't give it a 5 star rating was because I think the rate is a little too high. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor, if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Morgan B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Emporia, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Emporia Comfort Inn! I am very pleased to heard we were able to meet your needs. You are correct in thinking the elevator is part of the renovations and I am hoping to get our breakfast room up and running by the end of this week! Our bedding, furniture and carpet is all new in the hotel as well. These reviews allow me to address any issues we may need to work on and if there are any areas in the hotel that need further attention. My goal is to make us the number one hotel in Emporia and we are one step closer!

Thank you!

Morgan Baker GM
Westfield IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

May 28, 2014

Room smells like sawdust. Construction near front lobby. TV only got one channel. Handicap room
Had bars but thie toliet was not an ada height. Very low. Very disappointed. Will choose better next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Morgan B, Manager at Comfort Inn Emporia, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I deeply apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. At the Emporia Comfort Inn we strive to meet everyone's needs and I am disappointed we did not achieve that with you. Providing a pleasent stay and provide the comforts of home is a goal that will are setting for the employees to meet and with your review, I will be able to address any issues that we need to work on. Please contact me and hopefully we can make your next stay a pleasent one!

Morgan Baker GM
Higden, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here two weeks in May . Some construction but only in the breakfast room . Breakfast was still served in the loby each morning no inconvience . Staff was super nice and very helpful on check in and anytime I needed help during my stay . My room was clean and cleaned each day. One chair was worn out but the girls told me they were waiting on new chairs for all rooms . Great location next to walmart and several restaurants . Company paid so I don't know about the price .

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Morgan B, Manager at Comfort Inn Emporia, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review for the Emporia Comfort Inn! The renovations are coming to end here in a few weeks and I am excited for our guest to see all the improvements we are making. My staff and I strive to meet each guest's needs and I am thrilled we were able to do that for you! Thank you for staying at the Emporia Comfort Inn!!

Been to Comfort Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!