“Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
You added Flint Hill Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Flint Hill Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2921 West 18th Avenue, Emporia, KS 66801 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Emporia)   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Emporia
Schererville, Indiana
“Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since Dec 3. One would expect that I would get some treatment beyond the one night stand traveler (literally). However, this is not the case with some of the desk staff, in particular, Christine, the manager. She is obnoxious and thinks that the customer works for her. Along those lines, one of her proteges takes a similar attitude, Luara. However, to compensate, other desk staff personnel are really great especially Kelli, the overall manager, AJ and Kirsten. The housekeeping staff is pretty good but not exceptional. The pricing of the rooms varies greatly. If you are a senior make sure to ask for the senior discount as it's pretty good. I think better than AARP or others. I would recommend this hotel but not put up with guff from the individuals mentioned above.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor on the entrance side of the hotel. Construction activities are going on in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just off I-35 this hotel was not only convenient but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Everything about this Holiday Inn Express was in tip-top shape! Staff was very friendly and breakfast was adequate (the hot scrambled eggs were delicious). We also appreciated being able to walk to a good steakhouse, Montana Mike's, and a Starbucks. Only complaint was the temperature ofthe room was hard to adjust - either too hot or too cold. We would definitely recommend to our friends without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelli M, General Manager at Flint Hill Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am trilled you enjoyed the convenience of the local area and the amenities the hotel has to offer. I will let maintenance know of you concerns about the AC units.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here on business for a week and its an older Holiday Inn Express in need of an update.

My room was clean but I had to move furniture to find available outlets for phone and computer chargers, only had three hangers to hang up some clothes, the bed was on the hard side but passable. A no frills room and hotel for sure...

Good luck with the internet! First night I had no issues, second night around 7:30pm the speed dropped and connection was horrible, spent an hour on the phone with eHost Tech Support which finally got me to a "Sorry, don't know what to tell you it's just a bad connection." The next night, same issue at the same time. I called back Tech Support and told the guy it was a bit suspicious and finally he finds me on the "penalize list" for no reason which was throttling my speed down to next to nothing. Unacceptable for business travelers that are trying to finish work. I know this may not be the hotels problem but they did choose to contract to this particular tech services group so it does fall back on them.

The "free" hot breakfast in the morning I wouldn't even feed to my dog so don't waste your time just grab a piece of fruit or muffin, not to mention there are just five small cramped together tables to sit at with the kitchen employee hovering over everyone while they try to eat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. We want to offer the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to do that. Thank you for your review and I will take appropriate action to try to fix the all that you have informed me of.
Spicer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a great refuge from the I-35, clean,accomodating and comfortable. A hot tub and pool available and great breakfast, we stayed 2 nights at 90 dollars or so..didnt care cuz everything you need is within walkind distance, we dined at Montana Mikes just outside our door, my husband had a great burger and I had a great meal and didnt have to spend a arm or leg. Reccomend highly.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker they will accomodate you by the nearest entrances. plus stay on first floor wher...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

What is it about Emporia, Kansas that entitles them to over charge for rooms? I paid an awful rate at this hotel to simply sleep for a few hours. The hotel was nothing special. It's not some place that I will remember next week, let alone the next time I am driving through the area. The room was spacious and provided a fridge and microwave. A nice touch. But overall it was no better than any other discount chain hotel and again, the room was over priced. Not some place that I would realish going back to nor would I drive out of my way in order not to stay here. It was a bed in a clean room...

Room Tip: Room 100 is right next to the entry way and is large.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Flint Hill Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear NonnahsS,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Schererville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The rooms at the hotel are very clean. The bathroom is big and has bars around the tub for older people to secure themselves while entering and existing the shower area. The staff is very pleasant and very helpful. I had a logistical problem with baggage and the front desk staff and manager went out of their way to resolve my situation. The rates are very good especially the senior rate. The morning breakfast is more than sufficient.
I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you with your luggage. Thank you for the kind review and it is always a pleasure to help out a guest!

Sincerely
Platteville, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I travel overnight about 100 days a year. Holiday Inn Express is one of my preferred chains. The Emporia location isn't as new or well appointed as locations in Oswego, IL, Madison, WI or Bethlehem, PA, but it is in decent shape...and the staff is wonderful. It seems to blend in with its blue collar Emporia surroundings. One negative... as other reviews have mentioned.. the water pressure in the shower is a bit low, but still functional. I'd stay here again if work sends me back to Emporia!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Flint Hill Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!