“The good, the bad and the ugly....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Dodge City
Amarillo
“The good, the bad and the ugly....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

First, the good: We ended up at the Comfort Inn because our original hotel did not honor our reservations. We were greatful they had rooms available. The room was clean, soft beds and pillows, nice flat screen tv with lots of channels, the pool and hot tub were nice, good wi-fi. Lots of choices at breakfast, and they keep things stocked and cleaned....The Bad: The price! We paid $150 a night (with taxes and all). For $150 I expect a WHOLE lot more...The air conditioner in our room worked, if you could deal with the loud screetching noise the entire time. By the time we realized there was an issue, the motel had no other rooms available. Since it was impossible to sleep with the noise and about 90 degrees in the room, I ended up opening the window....This helped a lot but, its a little scary opening a first floor window at a motel...so, needless to say, didn't sleep to well on that soft bed. The Ugly: Apparently there is a lot of work going on the this area of Kansas, so its hard to find a room with all the workers staying there. Since rooms are a scarce, It seems that the room rates have been jacked up to ridiculious prices. (This was one of the least expensive rooms we could find!) Its not just the Comfort Inn, its the whole city. My advice: Unless you have no other choice, do NOT stay in Dodge City. All the "fun stuff" in Dodge can be done in a day. Get there early, have fun...and then move on to the next town (or state for that matter), and pay a LOT less for your room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pueblo, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights no other hotel room in Dodge City. Paid $130.00 a night! AC didn't work room was about 90 degrees, room was dirty, door handle in bathroom fell off door! We travel to KS frequently... will never, ever stay there again. You'd be better off to stay at the $29.99 a night Piggly Wiggly Inn!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dodge City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 months and overall my experience was good. However one of the owners of the hotel does not know customer service whatsoever. He works behind the front counter and good number of the times I spoke with him, he made me feel guilty about the extended rate he agreed to. The week or two before I left, I went to the front desk and canceled all of my reservations. The owner was aiding the new manager (who is helpful by the way) in how to cancel my reservations. Two weeks after I stopped staying there, I noticed I was still being billed. When I went to let them know this, instead of apologizing for the mistake, the owner said that my reservations were not canceled and it was my fault for not making sure they were! I told him that when I cancel all of my reservations it was his responsibility to cancel them. He said it was my responsibility to get a cancelation number. Being new to traveling for business, told him I was unaware of needing to get a cancelation number. He told me that was no excuse. I pointed out that he was the one with the computer and he was the one who was aware that I needed the cancelation number, so why didn't he give it to me? It was around this time in the conversation that he again reminded me of the rate he charged me to stay there. I told him to stop reminding me of the rate, and by the way the other hotels in town offer the same extended rate as him. I also said I stayed there for 3 months and I cant believe they would try and pull something like this. The owner said something to the effect of 'So what. There are people who have stayed here a year.'

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I found the front desk person friendly and attentive. Beyond that, I was disappointed. The request I made in my on-line reservation was ignored. The public areas need repair. Breakfast was uncharacteristically thin...some cereal and rolls. Soon all hotels will be non-smoking and when that happens, this one will smell better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
yorkton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Clean but out dated,friendly staff ,great breakfast,will never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I am a choice priveledges Diamond Member which means that i stay at comfort inns, sleep inns, and quality inns 50+ times a year so listen to what i am about to say........this has to be the most overprced hotel i have ever stayed at. partly because its priced high and partly because Dodge City has high tourism bed tax, as in, the room cost $79 with my discount but the final bill was $101

and this hotel is NOT worth $101, more like a $60 night choice hotel - hotel

i 100% love choice hotels and would recommand them to anyone, but this hotel is too high;

as a side note, the bathroom on the second floor leaked into my bathroom shortly after i checked in and although i reported it asap no one ever contacted me about it. the leak isnt a big deal because stuff happens beyond your control but i was surprised that no one came to look or offer me a new room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel is on the West side of town with a lovely view of the Tattoo trailer across the street. At first glance, the place looks nice. There is a nice lobby with a staircase to the second floor. There was a kid behind the desk with yellow hair. Dye job gone bad? Who knows...
I liked the fact that the window opened, but the screen had so many holes in it, I was afraid more bugs would come in. After settling in, the kid with the yellow hair recommended we go to a local steakhouse to eat. His directions were accurate, but not very direct.

We were supposed to be on the road around 7am for meetings south and west of Dodge City (fun!) When I came down for breakfast, which was good, the morning shift kid was sitting in the dining area with his feet up blocking access for the rest of us. He moved. He had 'The Patriot' with Mel Gibson on the TV, and he sat there and watched the movie while we all ate and wondered about things like the weather and what may or may not have occured the day before. This irritated me. I should add that the housekeeping lady had her child (maybe 5-6 years old) wrapped in a blanket and also in there watching the not terribly age appropriate movie. Then we go to leave and my travel partner cannot gain access to her room. We had to bother the kid who should have been standing at the front desk (but really, who checks out in the morning, right?) and made him try to help. Turns out he'd worked there about 3 days and was clueless. The keycards did not work. He couldn't find the metal keys. He called someone else. No luck. Now we're behind schedule. I am further irritated.
Housekeeping lady and child pipe up and mention that the batteries in the door lock for this room and one other are dead. Been that way a while. Nice.

Anyway, she finally gets in and gathers her things and we left. I don't think I'll return. This was not only the worst hotel I stayed in last week, it was also the most expensive.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.