“NO soundproofing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Dodge City
Amarillo, Texas
“NO soundproofing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

In the middle of moving, exhausted, went to bed at 9pm. awakened at 1 am by person above me, they did NOT go to sleep the rest of the night. Could hear their tv and everything they were doing. Mgmt not apologetic at all. workers leaving at 6am notified everyone with car horns. Will never waste the money again - $80 a night (even aarp rate) and virtually no sleep. Continental breakfast not worth the walk to get to the office. Didn't know where it was, called the office, they told me on 'business 54'. There is no 'business 54', unless you're from Dodge City and know the roads. Had to call the Flying J to find where it was.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dodge City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is the best hotel i have ever come across the staff was wonderful and friendly the rooms were so clean and remodel, the breakfest was amazing, since i travel alot they always have rooms for me and its pet friendly and i have two dog and the best part of it they have a pretty big pool to cool during the real hot summer

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I Am A Business Traveller And Went To Stay For One Night Its was A Great Room And Price Was Ok ,I couldnt Find A Hotel In Dodge City Cuz They All Were Full Cuz OF Hunting Season But I Found Room only At Nendels Inn They Had Only 5 Rooms Left And Luckily I Got One And Believe me It was Great Room I had Good Sleep, Service Was Great And Front Desk Was Awesome ,Hotel is Old But Their Rooms Not In Bad Shape ...I Am Glad I Found Room Their Otherwise I Had To Sleep In car LOL Thank You Nendels Inn.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dodge City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

We were traveling through Kansas on October 28, 2010 it was getting late and we needed to find a hotel with adjoining rooms so that our children could be close. We stopped at several hotels and it was getting late 11:00PM when we stopped at the Nendels Inn in Dodge City, KS. They had adjoining rooms so we were happy. We carried the children in fro the van and got them in bed. When I pulled the covers back on our bed the bugs were everywhere. I looked them up on the internet to make sure they were bed bugs. It was disgusting. I hope we don't carry them with us. The kids were already sleeping and we knew it would be difficult to find another hotel that could accommodate our large family. So we took the covers from the kids and did not sleep all night. We wanted to make sure they didn't get on the children and bite them.
They were all different sizes. Some were very hard to see others were huge. I killed several of them and blood came out all over the sheets. We even captured some of them in a bottle for proof. The bathroom was also dirty and mildew was on the walls.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

We stay at this motel and cheap is cheap . The furniture in the room is worn out and the carpet was dirty. the bed was allright but the shower look awful like some body who didnt know how to apply sealant around the walls did a horrible job and the light in the bathroom went out the 1st night and then my husband got shocked from the light switch. We thought the next day when the maid came in she would have them fix it , and the smell outside at night was astrocious. will not be back

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — the location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

I have read some shocking reviews on the internet about this place but they weren't what i found. The room was clean and a good size. Comfortable bed. TV with cable. Safe. Secure. Friendly checkin....

For $50 a night you expect a clean, decent room and what i got what actually a better room then i expected. It was better than the typical motel. Also, there is a diner across the road. In Dodge City, this is a big plus! Trust me...there aren't many places to eat! Its also only 1 mile from the airport......Well worth staying here...

• Liked — Better than the average motel but priced as a motel
  • Disliked — A few miles from Boot Hill Museum (the main tourist attraction)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Nendels Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!