“Authentic” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Stonewood, West Virginia
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you want REAL mexican food this is the place in Dodge City. Plenty of places but this is the best

Visited March 2012

Montezuma, ks
“The best tacos you will ever have.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Tacos Jaliscos is the BEST. There is no more authentic mexican food ANYWHERE (including Mexico). The salsa is amazing. They should bottle it and sell it. They would be millionaires. I can't say enough good things about the food. So so so good. The jukebox, however, is terrible.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Topeka, KS
“Good, filling authentic Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

While in Dodge City on business, we wanted some good "real" Mexcian food (not the Mex-American stuff from the national chains). Our hotel suggested Tacos Jalisco. It was easy to find and the parking lot was very busy. We walked in, went to the counter and placed our order. The staff there is all Spanish-speaking, but most speak English, as well. The menu is posted on a huge, full-color menu board behind the counter. You can order by name or number, and they don't mind mild substitutions. One of my coworkers was worried that he didn't speak Spanish, but an English translation was written below each color photo of the menu. After we place our order, paid, and found a seat, our food came out within about five minutes. I got the number 10 - a quesadilla and a taco. It was served with beans, rice, and toppings. The taco was a bit spicy for me due to the use of cilantro (which I had the option of leaving off, but wanted to try it). But the quesadilla was huge and yummy. None of us finished our meals, but we were all full by the time we left. The restaurant is large and spacious with plenty of rooms between the tables. The booths have carved backs and look like art. The chairs at the tables looked like they were leather tops and woven bottoms. The artwork was very ecclectic... .there was a large box that housed a huge Mother Mary, outlined in Christmas lights, a large colorful parrot with a monkey hanging from the parrot's swing, framed posters of Mexican singers, and fresco paintings of Spanish landscapes... however, the landscapes were all painted on an angle, so I found myself tilting my head the rest of the meal, trying to make them straight in my own mind. Ha. There was also a large jukebox with Mexican music (to my ears, they sound like up-tempo polkas)... it would come on randomly every few minutes and was very loud... so we would have to stop our conversation during the song, but the rest of the time we were able to visit comfortably. I plan to return here the next time I'm back in Dodge City.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richardson, Texas
“Great food in a colorful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

After being out of Texas for two weeks, my family was craving some good Mexican food. The young man at our hotel's front desk suggested this restaurant as a local favorite. While not particularly exciting from the outside, the inside of the restaurant is bright and colorful. We suspected we were in for a treat when we noticed many locals eating there. When we walked in, the jukebox was blaring some lively Mexican tunes. We placed our order for 3 carne asada plates and a taco plate. In no time they brought out our food. It was all delicious. The meat was very tender and well-seasoned. They also offer Mexican beers and sodas. My husband enjoyed a Mexican Coke sweetened with cane sugar, not corn syrup. Yum! Your tummy won't regret a visit.

• Visited September 2011