“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Georgia
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had the brisket. Very good. I enjoyed the restaurant. Up here deer hunting from Ga. I will come back if time permits while on our trip.

Abilene, Texas
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Generous portions and reasonable prices. Excellent service and staff was very personable. Neat looking place inside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“Very Disappointing BBQ!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We really wanted to like Heavy's BBQ. It's clearly a popular, local choice and our server was friendly, personable and attentive. Heavy's BBQ is busy, and somewhat noisy, but it’s also charming and comfortable. Portions are very generous. However, we couldn’t overlook the dry, tasteless and seriously overcooked brisket--even slathered with BBQ sauce, it was barely edible. The pulled pork was tender and moist, but surprisingly bland. There are three barbecue sauces to choose from: Original, Sweet Fire and Chili Mustard. Unfortunately, all three are extremely sweet. The BBQ beans are also very sweet. The coleslaw was OK. We also ordered the super brownie for dessert. Although it’s an absolutely huge dessert, the brownies weren't delicious. They didn’t have the moist texture and rich chocolate flavor I associate with brownies. Overall, the meal was very disappointing. We wouldn’t go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Talking abt the food more then anything!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd time I've ate at Heavy's.The first time was over a year ago.And my husband and I went and had steak and the fixings.And wasted $45.00 there.The steak where poorly cooked and our bakers one was kinda fresh and not cooked very well.And for his its was burnt for beening in the oven for hours besides dried out from the microwave.And the corn was not worth eating either.So wednesday oct 9th had a family get together there after a funeral.This was my 2nd trip to eat here.So my sister paid for my gardening salad which costed $8.99 and they cant even make this rite.The lettuce was wilted and water logged.Plus they had red,yellow,orange peppers and mushrooms on it.And then I asked for french dressing.Instead they brought me thousand island but they did correct that for me.If I would of paid for my meal it would of been returned for something better..And my son ordered this sandwhich that had several meats on it and the pork tenderlion was so tough he couldnt even cut it with a knife.I have alot more.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas
“Man vs Memphis Huey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

In this encounter, man won. But only because I was hungry! I decided to get the Memphis Huey sandwich because it had some of everything, brisket, sausage, pulled pork, pork loin, and slaw all piled on a Kiaser bun. Plus it comes with two sides of your choice. I thought the pulled pork and pork loin were the best meats on the sandwich. The slaw and sweet fire BBQ sauce went great together. All of this for a very reasonable price. I will stop again.

• Visited August 2013