I book one night's stay for my family through Hotwire. I wanted a really nice place to stay that had a pool to work off all my 13 month old's energy after a long car ride. When we arrived we found out that the pool was under renovation (and had been for a couple of months), but that we could use another hotel's pool. We tried to get out of our renovations, or have some sort of compensation, since we paid $135 for one night. The evening desk clerk was very complacent (obviously she had heard this complaint MANY times before), and didn't seemed concerned that we felt we paid a high price for hotel room that didn't have what we were wanting most. I asked to speak to the manager, and she told me that there wouldn't be a manager in until Monday morning. I've worked in the entertaining and hospitality buisness, and have never heard of a manager not working on the customer peak times.
When we did get into our room, I was on the phone to Hotwire to try and change our reservations. Mean while, my son was crawling around on their "newly renovated" room floor. When I picked him up, the tops of his feet, and front of his legs were black! We'd been in the car from the time we picked him out of his crib that morning, so the hotel room was the only place he'd crawled all day. I went to the bathroom to start a bath for him, and found a dead bug and specks of dirt in the bath tub.
It made me sick to my stomach that I paid this much money, for a filthy room, and no pool. We don't have a lot of money, so this was supposed to be a special treat for us. I tried not to let it ruin the rest of my trip, but it definitely ruined the first couple of days for us.
I called the manager during the week. She didn't seem very emphathetic, but did say she would compensate us $25 back. A far cry from the $135 that we spent...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Colby Kansas. Whether your travels bring you to Colby on business, a family visit, or you're just passing through, we invite you to enjoy our finest Midwestern hospitality. Business travelers will appreciate free high speed internet access in all guest rooms and our professional meeting services. Families will find our indoor pool a great place to relax and the fitness facility allows travelers to maintain their fitness routine even when away from home. Smart travelers love our new Express Start Breakfast which features Smart Roast 100% Arabica coffee and what may be the world's best cinnamon roll. Add to that a great selection of juices, cereals, fruits, yogurt and even hard boiled eggs and you'll be ready to start your day! Visit Colby, KS and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Colby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Colby Hotel Colby
- Holiday Inn Colby
- Colby Holiday Inn Express