“Better off at a chain” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Salina, Kansas
“Better off at a chain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We wanted a sports bar to watch basketball while eating. Was really excited because the salad bar was great but things went downhill from there. The meal was overpriced and under-flavored. Kept adding salt trying to improve the taste but it didn't work.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Martha B, Guest Relations Manager at City Limits Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit to our restaurant. We're glad you enjoyed our fresh salad bar and are disappointed to hear that the rest of your meal wasn't as delicious. We appreciate your feedback in helping us to achieve our goal of providing excellent food and service for all our guests.

Ascot, United Kingdom
“Excellent... can't understand bad reviews....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stopped off here with some friends on the long drive from Denver to Salina. We just happened upon the City Limits bar/grill and were very pleasantly surprised. The Boulevard draft beer made the 15 minute wait for a table most enjoyable. My marbled steak arrived perfectly cooked medium rare with excellent fries and the salad bar was well stocked with fresh produce. And then three very attractive friends happened to break their journey at the same place at the same time... so a fun, magical evening was had by all.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We're glad to hear that you had a great evening at our restaurant, and thank you for taking time to share your comments with others. We invite you to join us again anytime you're in Colby!
“Rude service and mediocre food ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The staff acted as if it was the last place they wanted to be. The food was bland and over cooked, no where near worth what we paid. They were out of most varieties of soft drinks and the salad bar had few choices. To sum it up, my husband's birthday dinner would have been much more pleasant had we gone to qdoba's at the petro station.

We're sorry to hear that your husband's birthday dinner wasn't a great experience . We take your comments very seriously and appreciate your taking time to let us know about the problems you encountered. Our goal is always to provide outstanding food and service to all our guests and we hope you'll allow us another opportunity to serve you.
manhattan, kansas
“New Manager, Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Met with friends, I had one of the best steaks I've ever had!! And I eat out a lot!! My friends meals were great also!!! The salad bar was good, lots of choices. I understand that there is a new manager at the resturant, everyone was very friendly, lots of smiles, service was excellent. This place was fantastic!!! I plan on going back my next time I'm out that way.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Mediocre food for way too much money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I'll learn to read trip advisor reviews before I go to a restaurant. The front desk at our hotel advised us to go to City Limits. We were very disappointed. The food was typical bar food and not very good with an outrageous price. $28 for potato skins and a soup and salad bar is a bit over the top. If this is the best Colby has to offer, I'd go down the highway.

Visited November 2013