“A great stop along I-70” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Smoffee's Bakery & Bistro serves wonderful home-made baked items, Panini sandwiches, soups, gormet coffee and unique home-style lunch specials. We are open for breakfast, lunch and special events. SMOFFEES IS NOW FOR SALE.
Kansas
“A great stop along I-70”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were on a long trip along I-70, and based on suggestions here, stopped at Smoffee's. A great choice. It has the perfect casual atmosphere, with locals that are on a first-name basis with the owners. We were immediately greeted, identified as travelers, and the owners pointed out the play room for our children. An excellent touch; they got to play while our lunch was being made.

My strawberry smoothie may be the best I've ever had -- way better than the chain stores offer. My wife, who is notoriously picky about such things, liked her mocha as well.

We had their "pockets" for lunch. The homemade bread was good. My meatballs were also good, though they were cold. I believe they were made in advance and reheated not quite thoroughly enough. My wife said the same about her sandwich. But don't let this minor nit keep you away; the food really was good, and I doubt you'll find better along this part of I-70.

Our requests to substitute a fruit for the chips were cheerfully met. We told the staff that our boys would split their grilled cheese sandwich, and they delivered them to our table already cut and on individual plates. A nice touch that few restaurants think of.

The play room was an area in the corner with toys. Perfect for kids to unwind during a long car trip.

In short, a good place to stop for lunch. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Portland, OR
“Must stop here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great coffee, excellent service, tasty sandwiches and pockets (homemade bread!), and authentic coffee shop atmosphere. Being from the Northwest where gourmet coffee is on every corner, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this experience. The homemade bread is phenomenal. We will definitely stop in again if in the area! Keep doing what you are doing!

• Visited April 2012
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011 via mobile

A very enjoyable place to just sit and relax. I eat at Smoffees often and everytime I go there the service is amazing! The people are so nice there!

Colby, Kansas
“Great Owners, great atmosphere, great frappes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We love Smoffee's! Shawn and Mary have created a great coffee shop and a great place to hang out with others in the community. And the caramel frappe I had there was better than any other frappe I've ever had.

• Visited September 2011
Denver, Colorado
“Cool space, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I don't usually write reviews like this, but I stopped into Smoffee's on my way (from Denver) to visit friends, and enjoyed it so much, I thought the accolades were very well deserved. I had a lot of fun and genuinely liked everything about the place. The atmosphere was cool and relaxed, the space comfortable and interesting, the people were friendly, and the food was great. If I ever pass through Colby again, I will definitely stop in. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2010