“Nice I-70 Surprise in West Kansas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Denver
“Nice I-70 Surprise in West Kansas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We only stayed one night while driving between eastern Kansas and Denver. This hotel was a nice surprise. The room included a small refrigerator, and microwave. This is a bonus if you bring your own food since restaurant options in this stretch of I-70 are limited. The rooms were very clean and smelled nice. The breakfast buffet included hot and cold options. The staff were helpful. The rooms are quiet, and the location right off of I-70 was convenient. This hotel does not allow pets other than service animals, and may be a better choice if you suffer from pet allergies than another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: The hotel has an elevator. So there should not be any mobility issues. Our room was quiet even thou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Omaha Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've previously stated in Colby before and this hotel beats the others that I have seen. The room was very nice and clean and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding with many choices and a great helper to keep things well stocked. The coffee and tea bar is a plus and the pool and spa looked very nice too. If and when I travel thru Colby, I will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Even though it is next to a truck stop it is very quiet, so don't worry about any noise at all.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
too far from the wild west!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

There aren't many options crossing the high plains & the rates reflect that. We spent 30,000 HHonors points to stay here on a 3+week trip cross country. The night before we paid 10,000 HHonors points at a Denver Doubletree, and the night after in suburban St. Louis for 20,000 points. I get the whole supply & demand thing but regardless, the Colby Hampton is not worth that many points or the alternate rate that night of $115.

The room was small, not the cleanest & breakfast was disappointing. At 815am many things empty including the egg patties, so the attendant said she'd make (warm up) scrambled eggs. Although she was very pleasant, many people were still waiting 15-20 min later. The front desk clerk was in and out of the breakfast area but didn't seem to be helping the attendant.

While I realize the rule of supply & demand, we've grown to expect more from Hampton, and this one is just not worth the cost.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Colby was great hotel for a short one night stay! The hotel offered a nice pool, which the kids enjoyed. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and great with any requests we had. A warm morning breakfast is served with hot waffles, eggs, sausage, juice, cereal, bagels, muffins, and much more. The hotel was very quiet and very comfortable for a great night sleep. Would recommend this hotel for those passing through and need a nice place to rest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BUENA VISTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our second stay at the Hampton Inn Colby Kansas. It was just as good as our first stay when the hotel was brand new - the clean room and dream team efforts we so appreciate. Nice amenities and a note in the bath saying to ask the front desk for forgotten items.
The cookies and beverages upon arrival served as our dinner as we were too tired to venture out.

My husband loves the hot breakfast. I am pleased with their "to-go" bags. Nice to have bottled water to start out the trip, fresh fruit and a granola/cereal bar in the car.

The staff is friendly and go out of their way, We will return!

Room Tip: we prefer an upper floor so as to not hear pitter patter above, also away from the elevator and ice...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ulysses, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Any other Hampton Inn I've stayed in would get an "A" rating, but this one gets a "D". It was great until I went to take a shower and found multiple hairs in the bathtub. Extremely dissappointing! That is housekeeping 101 in my opinion. To top it off, the manager still has not called me about the situation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa E, Manager at Hampton Inn Colby, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for informing us about your stay, we value the opinions of our guests. We sincerely apologize about the quality of your stay. The morning of check-out,I remember I was the manager on duty, and the breakfast attendant brought this to my attention. I talked with your wife, apologizing about the rooms, and offering to move her to a new pre-checked room or the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Both options were declined, as there were reservations waiting at another hotel. After checking out, I reported the issue to the housekeeping department and it has since been resolved. Again, I sincerely apologize about your stay.

Jessica Kennedy
Assistant General Manager
Raytown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Things couldn't have been better unless our room could have been on the 1st floor as we were late and dog tired when we arrived after driving 4 hours in the rain pulling a loaded trailer. We had another 4 hour drive in heavy rain when we left but we slept well & the shower was great, one of the best I've seen in a hotel. Bed & TV was great too. We slept well & breakfast got us off to a great start and safe return home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Colby? Share your experiences!