“Well Up To Standard” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hawbridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Worcester
“Well Up To Standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have given an enthusiastic review of the Fusion Brasserie before but, after excellent meals on three recent visits, I wanted everybody to know that the quality of the food and service, and the value for money, continue to make this our favourite local restaurant by some margin.

Yesterday evening, and wanting to keep some space for the rest of the meal, we passed on our favourite of mixed breads with various dips and instead had some excellent marinated olives as an appetiser.

As starters, I had a "small" portion of the delicious Farfalle with Salmon in a Cream and Vodka sauce, while my wife had the in-season Chargrilled Asparagus with sauce. As our mains, the description of my Battered Cod, Triple Fried Chips and Crushed Peas does not do it the justice it deserves (so many more flavours and textures than it might suggest), while my wife thoroughly enjoyed her Stuffed Chicken with varied mashes plus vegetables in a potato basket.

The sweets were equally good; mine a pairing of salt toffee and vanilla icecreams under a spun sugar "helmet", surrounded by deliciously intense fruit reductions; my wife's an extra-special to suit (as did everything else she had on the evening, without any great fuss but with evident care) her dairy-intolerant diet. As with all the courses, not only was the food beautifully cooked and from first rate ingredients, but also so carefully presented that one was occasionally reluctant to disturb it!

We finished with coffees and (even though somewhat replete) excellent home made petit fours (again with dairy-free variants for my wife). We have rarely had such a good meal, and when we have many have also been at this venue.

• Visited April 2014

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Amazing ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Another birthday meal for my dad's 50th but this time a surprise one with some of the family.

The team did a lovely job of organising the table so that it was sociable for all 17 of us.
They were very helpful, friendly and attentive.

The food was out of this world, great flavours,extremely creative and presented lovely. (Even wowing some fussy members of my family :) )
Dan and Abi catered for our party with a menu that was suitable for the whole family and even tweeking at the last.minute.

Everyone had a lovely evening and we will 100% be returning!!!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Well worth finding; it is excellent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had lunch, with friends, here recently. The lunch menu is short but different. The group had either a very good bean soup, smoked salmon salad or an unusual fish cake. For the mains two of us a local pheasant stew, different and very tasty. Others had a dish of varied fish grilled and another had a dish involving pork belly. All the dishes were freshly prepared and well presented.
The service was excellent and this place deserves to succeed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,453 reviews 1,453 reviews
4,095 helpful votes 4,095 helpful votes
“A very nice business lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Took a customer here for lunch on his recommendation. Converted pub in a village outside Worcester & just off JNT 7 of the M5.
Very nicely decorated & friendly welcome from the Chef Patron & his wife. Place desserted, but not too surprising on a weekday lunch.
Menu varied with an Italian theme, but with the odd twist here & there. My food was excellent & well priced. Happy to recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I had one of the most fantastic Sunday lunches at Fusion this Sunday. We have eaten at Fusion many times, we are local and we love the fact that all of the food is cooked fresh to order using locally sourced ingredients. I am writing this revue because although we have always enjoyed excellent food at Fusion I feel the new menu has raised the whole experience to another level. On Sunday I had spaghetti and lobster as a starter, beautiful balanced flavours very delicate but delicious, my wife had a soup combo starter, lobster bisque and a creamy spinach she thoroughly enjoyed both. Our main course, we both went for the roast, a combination of lamb and Pork, with beautiful roasted vegetables, potatoes and cauliflower cheese, cooked to perfection and very tasty. Although we were both full we managed to share chocolate fudge cake with salted caramel ice cream "heaven".We had the last available table but this did not effect our experience, service was exceptional, friendly,polite and attentive we were not rushed and left the restaurant at 4pm very happy.
This restaurant is a real bonus to our area and it deserves all the success it is getting, it is not a coincidence you have to book, "quality and excellence"

• Visited February 2014