“one-pot evening” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dargate
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Dove is a small country pub with a big reputation for outstanding food and service.Whether you want superb food, fine wine, local ales,The Dove welcomes you
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“one-pot evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Another excellent one-pot evening! You never cease to amaze us with your cooking Phil. And the atmosphere was really buzzy. Looking forward to the next one. A good evening to say farewell to Will. Our loss is Sandhurst's gain - Good Luck to you in your career. Come and see us again soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
“Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

What a great pub. We popped in on a Friday hoping for lunch, but were told that they were full. The waitress then said that if fancied a drink sitting at the bar, then she would try to get us a table, and a pleasant drink (about 1/2 hour) later, we were seated at a table. Good effort.
We decided not to get a full meal although the food looked great, simply because we fancied the chicken and bacon sandwich. Well, it was the best either of us ever had. Chargrilled marinated chicken with thick traditional bacon, mayo and rocket in a very artisan sourdough... Wow! £8 each plus drinks. Serious taste, serious value.
We will definitely return.

London, United Kingdom
“Lunch Time Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

What a great find The Dove Inn turned out to be. A welcome atmosphere, unpretentious pub restaurant with an affordable lunchtime menu. We indulged ourselves with their Steak and Ale Pie and Oven Baked Cod, which was very good indeed followed by a delicious chocolate brownie with ice cream. We shall definitely return. Well done.

• Visited March 2013
Reigate
“The Good Pub Guide Strikes Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I found myself savouring a pint in a hostelry in the Yorkshire Dales recovering from a day spent walking last summer and happened across a copy of the Good Pub Guide. As Im originally from Kent and a frequent return visitor, to catch up with family, I know that the county doesn't shine brightly on the informal culinary stage. So I browsed the entries in the Guide for the county of my birth and made a note of a few recommendations.

So fast forward to November and a family birthday seemed the perfect occasion to check out one of those recommendation, The Dove, and I wasn't disappointed. It's a picture postcard Kentish pub. Full of charm that brought back memories of my younger halcyon days, except in those days they didn't serve fayre as good as The Dove's offerings. Even if they had I wouldn't have been able to afford it - oh the poverty of my youthful budgeting!

I along with my party were welcomed and seated in the cosy bar area. The food was freshly, professionally and imaginatively prepared and presented. I particularly enjoyed my lamb main course and creme brulee desert and the comments of my fellow dinners on their menu choices met with similar approval and delight.

• Visited November 2012
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Superb pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Have just been for Sunday lunch for Mother's Day. Food was superb, one of the best roasts we've had out for a little while now. Only complaint would be Surprisingly only 2 staff members serving on a busy Mothering Sunday so had a little wait to order, but they were both extremely pleasant. Would definitely recommend and go back soon.