“Package Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vedic Village Resorts

You added Vedic Village Resorts to your Saves list
Vedic Village Resorts
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   V.P Island | Near Moothukunam Bridge, North Parur, Paravoor, Kochi (Cochin) 680 667, India   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paravoor
London, United Kingdom
“Package Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

we enjoyed the two days that we spent at this resort.The service was excellent thank you to Ranjit and all the staff for making the stay a memorable visit.One night we got back to the resort very late and we were hungry despite it being late the cook still cooked a full meal for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I had the pleasure of spending my last night in India in this Incredible resort. It was so relaxing to sit back have a coffee and watch the life on the beautiful backwaters played out before me.

The staff are excellent, Lijo and the team go out of their way to provide the best service possible, and are so friendly and genuine.

The rooms are spacious and clean and have a wonderful view of the backwaters and gardens.

I am already plant my trip back here, but this time I will make sure I stay for more than just 1 night.

• Stayed August 2012
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

All I can say I was crazy to book only 2 nights. Massages were amazing. The meals of Kerala food were fanastic,and even though it rained the boat trip was Spectacular . Out for a evening walk with the manager , who told me a brief history of the island an answered any questions I had. Packed in alot an all for a great price. The only thing that could top it off was sharing the experience with my gal who is on the other side of the world.

• Stayed August 2012
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Though this my second visit to the beautiful Vedic Village of VP Islands, Koduungalur...I can't wait to go back again on my next leisure leave. This time we were here to celebrate my friends wedding and apparently, I clubbed my Honeymoon with it too!!!

Visited this resort after three years, the warmth and service exceeded our expectations as before. The rooms were well-maintained, neat & clean surroundings, the food was basic yet delicious and the atmosphere stayed as wonderful as we anticipated. To me, Vedic Village is a perfect example of Indian warmth & Hospitality. It has good & consistent service levels, excellent location, descent gourmet experience and breath-taking views all throughout the day & night.

If you really wanna relax & enjoy the Kerala, Vedic Village is the place to be. Just FYI...this small town also has the 1st Church & 1st Mosque that was ever built in India, and is close to Guruvayur Temple...away from the hustle bustle of Cochin. I can't wait to be back again!

Room Tip: All rooms have their unique views; just sit back & relax!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AzizShafi
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was my second visit to Vedic Village and it was every bit as beautiful and comfortable as I remember. The staff are efficient, friendly and helpful, the food is excellent and the view outstanding. Every morning coffee would be served on the veranda with a magnificent view of the river. Each evening dinner would be served on the jetty overlooking the river. One evening a friend came for dinner and Jo, the marketing manager, escorted our driver to pick up him and make sure they found the way. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean and the air conditioning and wi-fi work efficiently. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay, a very quiet and peaceful place to relax or to work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank barbara_galbraith
Campinas, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was on a business trip to Kerala in May 2012,
and twas housed in the Vedic Village Resorts by the company which invited me. I did not know what to expect, but by arriving to the hotel I had a great surprise.
The resort has an excellent location with the backwaters at your door. It is very clean and beautiful. The garden is great and well taken care. In front of my village I could find cashew, mango and nutmeg trees. In fact, it was the first time I saw a nutmeg tree in my life.
Room is of great quality and very silent. In the morning, I opened my door and had the astonishing backwaters' view.
After arriving from a series of trips to other Indian cities I was exhausted and was offered a Ayurveda massage at their spa that renovated me.
Besides, the resort restaurant is lovely and food is excellent. I spend 5 days in the Vedic Village and their staff suggested the choices for my breakfast and lunch/dinner. I savored the delicious Kerala cuisine every day.
Talking about staff, I have to say that it was my best experience ever from countless travelling experiences. I have never met such a friendly and courteous group before, named Mr.Hary (service person), Mr.Sukumaran (housekeeping), Mr.Salim(driver), Mr.Nijit (resident manager), and Mr. Lijo. Mr Lijo is an excellent guide tour and could arrange me a boat ride in the backwaters - important to mention that the hotel has a docking area which is very convenient - the tour is fascinating. Mr Lijo and Mr Salim drove me to the Guruavur temple and to the temple´s elephant sanctuary. That was an unforgettable experience as well.
In summary, I really enjoyed my stay at the Vedic Village in Kerala, and I strongly recommend this place to all travelers.
Sandro.

Room Tip: Stay in the wood house facing the backwaters
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sandroesteves
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was one of the best places we've stayed in - quiet, beautiful and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous . The food was very good and we got what we wanted. We had other plans while we were there and so could'nt try out their massages and other activities, but overall , it was a very pleasant experience and we plan to go again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank meerakrishnamurti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paravoor
Les 3 Elephants Cherai Beach
#2 of 26 in Ernakulam
4.5 of 5 stars 291 reviews
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#4 of 185 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 stars 1,452 reviews
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#31 of 185 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.0 of 5 stars 606 reviews
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 26 in Ernakulam
4.5 of 5 stars 283 reviews

Been to Vedic Village Resorts? Share your experiences!