“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vedic Village Resorts

You added Vedic Village Resorts to your Saves list
Vedic Village Resorts
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   V.P Island | Near Moothukunam Bridge, North Parur, Paravoor, Kochi (Cochin) 680 667, India   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paravoor
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I had the pleasure of spending my last night in India in this Incredible resort. It was so relaxing to sit back have a coffee and watch the life on the beautiful backwaters played out before me.

The staff are excellent, Lijo and the team go out of their way to provide the best service possible, and are so friendly and genuine.

The rooms are spacious and clean and have a wonderful view of the backwaters and gardens.

I am already plant my trip back here, but this time I will make sure I stay for more than just 1 night.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

All I can say I was crazy to book only 2 nights. Massages were amazing. The meals of Kerala food were fanastic,and even though it rained the boat trip was Spectacular . Out for a evening walk with the manager , who told me a brief history of the island an answered any questions I had. Packed in alot an all for a great price. The only thing that could top it off was sharing the experience with my gal who is on the other side of the world.

• Stayed August 2012
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Though this my second visit to the beautiful Vedic Village of VP Islands, Koduungalur...I can't wait to go back again on my next leisure leave. This time we were here to celebrate my friends wedding and apparently, I clubbed my Honeymoon with it too!!!

Visited this resort after three years, the warmth and service exceeded our expectations as before. The rooms were well-maintained, neat & clean surroundings, the food was basic yet delicious and the atmosphere stayed as wonderful as we anticipated. To me, Vedic Village is a perfect example of Indian warmth & Hospitality. It has good & consistent service levels, excellent location, descent gourmet experience and breath-taking views all throughout the day & night.

If you really wanna relax & enjoy the Kerala, Vedic Village is the place to be. Just FYI...this small town also has the 1st Church & 1st Mosque that was ever built in India, and is close to Guruvayur Temple...away from the hustle bustle of Cochin. I can't wait to be back again!

Room Tip: All rooms have their unique views; just sit back & relax!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was my second visit to Vedic Village and it was every bit as beautiful and comfortable as I remember. The staff are efficient, friendly and helpful, the food is excellent and the view outstanding. Every morning coffee would be served on the veranda with a magnificent view of the river. Each evening dinner would be served on the jetty overlooking the river. One evening a friend came for dinner and Jo, the marketing manager, escorted our driver to pick up him and make sure they found the way. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean and the air conditioning and wi-fi work efficiently. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay, a very quiet and peaceful place to relax or to work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Campinas, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was on a business trip to Kerala in May 2012,
and twas housed in the Vedic Village Resorts by the company which invited me. I did not know what to expect, but by arriving to the hotel I had a great surprise.
The resort has an excellent location with the backwaters at your door. It is very clean and beautiful. The garden is great and well taken care. In front of my village I could find cashew, mango and nutmeg trees. In fact, it was the first time I saw a nutmeg tree in my life.
Room is of great quality and very silent. In the morning, I opened my door and had the astonishing backwaters' view.
After arriving from a series of trips to other Indian cities I was exhausted and was offered a Ayurveda massage at their spa that renovated me.
Besides, the resort restaurant is lovely and food is excellent. I spend 5 days in the Vedic Village and their staff suggested the choices for my breakfast and lunch/dinner. I savored the delicious Kerala cuisine every day.
Talking about staff, I have to say that it was my best experience ever from countless travelling experiences. I have never met such a friendly and courteous group before, named Mr.Hary (service person), Mr.Sukumaran (housekeeping), Mr.Salim(driver), Mr.Nijit (resident manager), and Mr. Lijo. Mr Lijo is an excellent guide tour and could arrange me a boat ride in the backwaters - important to mention that the hotel has a docking area which is very convenient - the tour is fascinating. Mr Lijo and Mr Salim drove me to the Guruavur temple and to the temple´s elephant sanctuary. That was an unforgettable experience as well.
In summary, I really enjoyed my stay at the Vedic Village in Kerala, and I strongly recommend this place to all travelers.
Sandro.

Room Tip: Stay in the wood house facing the backwaters
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was one of the best places we've stayed in - quiet, beautiful and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous . The food was very good and we got what we wanted. We had other plans while we were there and so could'nt try out their massages and other activities, but overall , it was a very pleasant experience and we plan to go again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family of 5 spent 3 nights in the Queens Nest rooms at the end of March 2012. The Vedic Village is about 40 mins from Kochi International Airport and made a very relaxing start to our three week stay in kerala.

From our 5 am arrival, exhausted after an overnight flight when we were quickly ushered to our waiting rooms with no delays for paperwork, we knew we would be well looked after! This was to be our gentle acclimatisation to India before travelling further afield and for this the Vedic Village was perfect. The rooms were clean and the staff all extremely attentive. We ate all our meals at the hotel and found them to be delicious - curries but not too spicy for the children. On two evenings our table was moved out of the restaurant and we sat on the small jetty on the edge of the Periyar River - very atmospheric.

The pool was fine. It was a good size and we had it to ourselves so that was great. Lovely to hang out there and watch life go by on the river.
One slight negative was the number of poolside loungers which had there been more guests could have been a problem and also the lack of umbrellas as there was little shade. Also take some earplugs for the crows which can be quite annoying - not sure anything can be done about them!

We went for a walk outside to the local village and met many friendly welcoming people and also took a day tour organised by Joe to visit a local festival, which was just fantastic - one of the unexpected highlights of our trip.

So in summary this is a great place to get away for a few days R&R and to sample some local Keralan life and hospitality. Would love to return!

Room Tip: The Queens Nest was an interconnecting rooms right by the river but very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Vedic Village Resorts? Share your experiences!