“Everything was Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

515-462-1640
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 18 restaurants in Winterset
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Although there seemed to be a lot of people in the restaurant, Maybe it was just us but I've much better Mexican food and $3.50 for a side of guacamole is quite high.
Sleepy Hollow
“Everything was Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stopped in Winterset, on a Sunday, as we were viewing the bridges in the area. My husband asked me if I wanted to eat lunch at this restaurant. We just happened to see it when we stopped at the court house area to take photos.
The restaurant was busy...and the food on the table looked delicious.
We were greeted immediately...and taken to a booth. We were handed menus and our drink order was taken. We were brought a basket of chips and some salsa. We ordered guacamole...and it was delicious!
The menu was very extensive....it was hard for me to decide what I wanted.
My husband ordered beef fajitas and I ordered quesadillas rellanos.
Our meals were brought within a reasonable amount of time....we were both amazed by the portions.....and we both were delighted with the taste.
When I took pictures of our plates, and told my husband that I was going to do a review for TripAdvisor....he told me to add..."Well worth the driving distance". He couldn't stop raving about the place!
Our waiter came back several times...asking us how our meal was....where were we from...etc. etc.
The entire experience was top-notch...for us.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
pittsburgh
“Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Ate lunch here during a business luncheon. Was a group of about 16 of us. Service was pretty good for as busy as they were. Food was your average mexican, rice was kinda dry for my liking. Most people in the group enjoyed there food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Olathe
“Awesome authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great place for a truly authentic south of the border meal. Located on the east side of the Winterset City Square.

Visited October 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Standard Midwestern Mexican fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Located right on the square in Winterset, Mi Pueblito is a nice local restaurant. The restaurant was clean and airy with attentive service. They have several quesadilla options (more than most Mexican restaurants) and were willing to take my request to add spinach to the chorizo quesadilla. I would go back when I am in the area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dearborn, Michigan
“Chips and salsa were Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Typical Mexican menu. Average portions. Good Service.

Visited June 2012