“gracious hosts - great Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites

You added Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites
2185 U Avenue, I-80 Amana Exit 225, Williamsburg, IA 52361-8660 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
Contact for our Best Rate
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Williamsburg
Illinois
“gracious hosts - great Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

Well worth a repeat visit - which I did. This is a good value-for-the-price motel and one which includes a free off-site restaurant hot breakfast for each room occupant. Located near the Convention which I attended, it afforded easy access from the interstate while still being far enough from the road to be quiet. The dog-friendly availability was offered at 1/3 the price of the nearby competitors. Heritage Inn is located near the historic sites I wanted to visit as well as near the site I had to attended. I have recommended it to those I know who travel this Interstate as well as those planning to go to the Amana Colonies.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Independence, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

We ended our trip to Chicago by staying at the Heritage Inn. We had looked at the reviews on Tripadvisor prior to leaving town and thought this would be a good place to stay since it was half way home. I called the morning of our stay to make a reservation. Gentleman on the phone was pleasant and stated that they were 100% smoke free and asked several times if we smoked. Each time I told him no.
Upon check in we were given a long list of rules! Once again were asked if we smoked. There were also signs everywhere reminding you of the rules. The lobby area of the hotel was very nice with what looked to be new furniture. The niceness ended there!
When we walked into our room we noticed first off the strong smoke smell. The room was dated but I would not have cared as long as it was clean. All around the edge of the room was a layer of dirt and dust. The furniture did not look as if it had been moved and vacuumed behind in years. When I pulled down the comforter there were cigarette burns in the comforter and blanket. When one of our children sat down on the end of the bed it made a terrible creaking noise. I knew we probably would not be getting a good nights rest. The television appeared to be old and not in very good working order. The room only had two sets of towels in the bathroom and mold on the wall above the shower.
We were given two free coupons at a local restaurant for breakfast. The food and service were great!
We would not stay here again. I typically enjoy staying in hotels that are not part of a chain. Stayed in a great one in Custer, SD a couple of years ago! If you do stay ask to see your room prior to paying. I wished we had then we could have gotten one that did not have a strong smoke smell. We did check in later (about 9pm) and then headed to MCDonalds to grab something to eat. When we returned the front desk was closed and you were provided a phone to call for assistance. At that point we thought forget it and just go to bed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

I visited the Amanas for a couple of days to do some shopping. I received a friendly welcome at the front desk by the manager who explained all the details of the hotel and answered my questions.

All guests are given a free breakfast at a restaurant close to the hotel and the food was delicious! After a day of shopping, relaxing in the gazebo at the front of the hotel provided a nice way to end the day.

This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. The rooms were very clean and I was surprised at how big the rooms were. The next time I am in the area, I am definitely staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

James got sick as we arrived in Amana. Mr. Shah provided us with needed medical information and did his best to see that a difficult situation went as smoothly as possible. I cannot remember the last time I felt so welcome in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed at Heritage Inn on our way home from Anamosa Iowa and had the best customer service I have had at a hotel since leaving Phoenix AZ. The owners were courteous and willing to help at all times. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh (possibly Febreeze’d) and organized very nicely. The breakfast they provided at an area restaurant was good and the staff also directed us to a good restaurant for the evening meal. My only complaint was they could use some new towels in the rooms as they appeared to have no nice softness to them any longer. The owner was told and stated they are in the process of purchasing more new towels. Great accommodations and we will stay again the next time through the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Forreston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

From the online reservations to the checkout when we left, this place truly is a "hidden gem on the prairie"! The management staff was very helpful and friendly and the rooms were spacious, clean, and very quiet!

We came to this area for our anniversary and so we wanted some place special and it did not let us down. We will come back every year if we can.

My parents have been looking for a place to stay on a short visit to Amana. They are older and have some special needs. I will be sending them to this location for sure!

The free breakfast in the morning at the local restaurant was also a very nice amenity. We did not use the indoor pool, but it looked immaculate!

This family ran operation should be very proud of their efforts! We will be back and will send friends and realatives that we know are headed that way!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Kansas City Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

The Hotel is in a very good location, close to the attractions and easy to locate from the Interstate. We were traveling late (after midnight,) and the manager was waiting for us and very friendly, informative, and accommodating to our request (the Hotel accepts pet, and I have allergies. The ENTIRE second floor where my room was located is Pet-Free...WONDERFUL!) With my stay there was a free country breakfast at a quaint restaurant across the street which was very good, and a nice way to start the day. Overall, my experience was very good, and I would stay in this Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!