“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American, German
Description: It's part of what's called the Wasserbahn Waterpark Resort on State Route 151 and Interstate I-80.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The restaurant is nearly empty. It is closed on Mondays. The waitress was friendly, but the food was just average. The hotel attached to this restaurant is in bad shape. It's too bad. This was a great place to stay and visit about three years ago. I can't imagine what happened.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hostess was more interested in finishing work at the register than in seating me. I ordered a bratwurst omelet for breakfast with egg substitute. What I received was a pile of eggs (?), cheese and sliced bratwurst. The eggs were rubbery and couldn't even be cut with a fork! Worst omelet I think I've ever had. Remainder of breakfast, including coffee, was good. Service after being seated was good. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“our family likes it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Their menu has gotten a lot smaller, but their tenderloins are really yummy. I would recommend eating here, it is a nice place, and the waitresses are always really good, they cater to families.

Visited January 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just the same”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

When we lived in Chicago many years ago we used to meet friends from Omaha at the Holiday Inn at Little Amana (now the Clarion) for the weekend. We had many enjoyable visits over the years and always ate at the 7 Villages. Although there have been many changes to the hotel (and theses changes are NOT for the better) the meal we had at the 7 Villages was just like the old days.

Visited August 2013
Midwest US
“Going in the Wrong Direction”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Interesting reading some of the reviews on here and surprising that so many are positive. My family stop at this restaurant for lunch about annually on our way to Wisconsin. This year I walked out thinking this will be our last time.

First off, we arrived for lunch, sat down and it took about 10 minutes for anyone to come over to us. The waitress handed us menu's except they weren't the normal menu's, they were just copies of a menu. Then several of the items on the menu were crossed out with a marker. It's a little scary when you're being given paper menu's with crossed out items.

The waitress we did have was great...that was the best part of the visit. I ordered a simple cheeseburger and it was bland and dry. The sauerkraut side I got had a bitter taste to it. The highlight of the meal was the cinnamon roles with extra helpings of frosting.

The place looks the same every year and the clientele, at least when we stopped for lunch, seems to be mainly for the senior crowd. As I said, this was probably my last visit here because even though it was sort of a tradition to stop here, I'd rather spend my money on a decent meal.

• Visited July 2013