“Not what I was expecting” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn - Williamsburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Hawkeye Dr., Williamsburg, IA 52361   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Williamsburg
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Not what I was expecting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Not what I had expected from a Days Inn! We stayed at one in Jefferson City, MO and it was awesome....much to my surprise this one was a glorified Motel...just added some exterior walls...still had windows to the "hallway"....

Beds were not that comfortable; although we were able to get a room with 3 double beds. But the bathroom door locked us out and one of the janitors had to jimmy it with a pocket knife.

Upon check out a woman in sweat pants, t shirt and pony tail was working the front desk; looked very unprofessional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Renea M, Manager at Days Inn - Williamsburg, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I am glad that you chose us for your stay with your family during your travels. The triple queen rooms have become very popular and are very spacious for families. Unfortunalty bathrooms do become accidently locked from time to time and we address this issue as needed. This hotel at one time had outside access to the rooms," the exterior walls" were added to make it for convienent for our guests entering their rooms as well as our staff during inclement weather while trying to address daily cleanliness of the building and its rooms. We appreciate your business during your travel and will be glad to welcome your family again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
CINCINNATI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was right off the highway and was the only selection off this exit. It was run down and in desperate need for an update. The staff was unfriendly, room access was strange, the parking lot driveway needs replaced, I had trouble getting into my room due to a bent door jam, and there is easy access to the rooms from the outside due to a external door with no security or lock. Only stayed because it was close to my sales call - will drive to a nicer place for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Renea M, Manager at Days Inn - Williamsburg, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We appreciate you choosing our hotel out of the three choices you were given. We are currently in the process of renovating. The issue concerning our staff has been resolved. We also have other security installed, our exterior walls were add on to better accomodate our guests and staff. We would like to invite you to choose our hotel in the future.
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

During our coast-to-coast trip we stayed in numerous motels. Days Inn Williamsburg was the cheapest. And you do get what you pay for.... The place is worn-out and sad.

The location is good for being close to the Outlet mall and Amana colonies.

Rooms are small and old but not dirty. One towel was so worn-out that when touched the hand went through. People uspstairs were up all night and I could hear everything.

Breakfast was a joke: the waffle machine was not functioning properly so we ended up eating dough. And were not the first ones to complain. Juice machine was broken and the juice flooded all over the place (this happend to two customers and finally a client tried to fix it). The receptionist seemed very tired and had children in the backroom.

I wouldn't stay there again if I had the choice. But as said, it was cheap.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs to avoid noise from the room above.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Throughout my 17 years of working for the company I work for, I've stayed in tons and tons of hotels all throughout Wisconsin and Iowa. This has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The nightmare began at check-in. The lady who works at the front desk's apperance looked terrible, and totally unprofessional. Her hair was all messed up, she was dirty, sleepy, and looked like she was either drunk or on drugs. At check-in, I walked in and there were little kids walking around the lobby (probably her children) and there were dogs behind the front desk that smelled horrible. When I told her that I had made my reservation online, she said that the computer couldn't find it. (This was also the case last time I stayed. The hotel reservations don't work through the internet. Online reservations won't work!) When I finally made a new reservation, (my money was never taken away from the online one because, again, it just doesn't work), I went up to my room that was supposed to have a microwave and refrigerator inside. Did it? Of course not! I went downstairs to the lady and told her the situation. She lazily walked over to another room and dug out a microwave and a refrigerator. She told me she'd carry the microwave over to my room, and that I should take the refrigerator. After I told her that I wasn't taking anything, she just told me that I could stay in the room that the microwave and refrigerator were in. I then told her to bring me the hotel card to enter my new room. She told me she'd be right back, and guess what? She never returned. I went to the lobby to find her talking on the phone, laughing, and having a conversation with someone. I asked her about my card and she told me she had put it aside. Once the hassle of getting my room was finally over, I went on my laptop to connect to the "free Wi-Fi". You guessed it. There was no free Wi-Fi. I went over to the telephone so I could complain, but the telephone wire was cut. I didn't even bother after that. I also wanted to go to the pool (as advertised), but the pool wasn't open. (Last time I came, it wasn't open either). Also, when I went to go shower, the water was not a clear color. It had a sort of yellow-ish color to it. When I finally checked out at around 8:00AM, I went over to the front desk so I could return my card. Since no one was there, I rang the bell on the front desk. No answer. I rang it again. Still no answer. I kept ranging it until finally, the lady, with her hair all over the place, looking like a zombie, came over. She didn't apologize. She hardly said anything. I returned the card and ran out of there as fast as my legs would let me.I will never stay here again, and unless you want to go through what I did, I suggest you don't either.

Room Tip: Regardless of what room you get, the service is absolutely terrible, and it is not worth your money...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn - Williamsburg? Share your experiences!