“Massive Room - Very Pleased” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266-1441 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in West Des Moines
Webster, New York
“Massive Room - Very Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice one night stay at this facility while driving from Colorado to Ohio. We booked it using Priceline and received a great rate. The room was massive with a living room, office area, kitchen with full-sized fridge, stove, dishwasher, and two beds. This is not at the level of a Residence Inn where we typically stay, but the rate was also one quarter or less too. The difference is mainly the public areas, the furnishings, and the overall decor.

Would we stay again? At a similar rate, yes! But at their normal rates most certainly not.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property in Des Moines. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you enjoyed our room layout. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here for five nights for business. It was my first time at this hotel chain. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the hotel. The room was clean and very spacious! It had a separate sitting area with a fold out sleeper couch. The kitchen was great as well for breakfast and preparing my lunch for the day. I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling for business or personal. It has plenty of room for a family. It is convenient to the highway and easy to get to.

Room Tip: If you are a nonsmoker try to ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you were able to discover what Extended Stay America is all about. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Janesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I travel for business and try to stay at an Extended Stay whenever possible when staying two or more nights. The kitchen area is great. Our room even had a dishwasher and an oven. None of the previous Extended Stay's that we stayed at had one. A great addition. The room was clean and large with plenty of space for eating. There are only two things that I would improve on - especially if we would have to stay longer, they are: better channel selection on the TV and since we hate making our own coffee and have crazy job hours - 24 hour coffee. I think that the "On The Go" breakfast items is overkill and they should save their money. With a full kitchen - who needs it. If you don't want to cook or supply your own - go out for breakfast.

Anybody who has read any of my other reviews knows that I don't ever rate a hotel by the breakfast it serves - go to a restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you as well for your suggestions on what our guests are looking for when they stay with us. We will definitely escalate these to the proper channels. Also, note we are currently reviewing our channel selections and should have more updates on these very soon. We look forward to seeing you again when you return.
Gardner, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were visiting family in Des Moines and just needed a place for the night. For the money, the Studio Plus is definitely the way to go. The entrance to the room was indoors, something we all appreciated during the snowstorm. There was plenty of room for me, my wife and 2 daughters. The full kitchen was well appointed and would have come in handy if we were staying more than just one night. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was nice sized. It felt very "homey" and while we were there, my wife & I looked up other SPDS properties for future travels. We're hoping that the Wichita hotel is as accommodating as was WDM. The only drawback to the facility is that they don't serve breakfast in this location. Certainly NOT a dealbreaker by any means. Besides, there's a new concept Quik Trip just a minute away from the hotel so we got coffee & breakfast and were good to go! This isn't a fancy 5-star hotel - it's a reasonable place to spend the night and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your great review of our property in Des Moinse, Iowa. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be visiting one of our other locations. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot and stay at a lot of different hotels. I came across this hotel while on a major road trip from oklahoma to minnesota. This was by far the best hotel i stayed at on my trip and one of the best ive stayed at in my life. I have found that the guest service is perhaps the most important part of a hotel. The woman in charge of guest services the night i stayed was fantastic! She was very warm ans welcomeing and helpful the whole night. Secondly is the room. Wow are these rooms awesome! It is like having your own studio appartment (i suppose thats why its called studio plus). The room is huge! My room had a queen sized bed, sofa, dresser, big closet, business desk, night stands, flat screen hdtv, full kitchen and bathroom, and plenty of walk around space left over. My only complaint was that i was not staying here longer than one night! The neighborhood is fantastic. I was able to buy geoceries for dinner and breakfast which is a big money saver. There is a gym on site which is better than most hotel gyms (tredmill, eliptical and bike. I booked my stay on a travel site for less than 40 bucks. This was an amayzing value. I wish i could rent one of these units to live in! If you are considering this hotel, then please stay here, you wont regret it and you will have a pleasant stay!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property here in Des Moines, Iowa. It's always great to hear that our guests such as yourself are always made to feel like they are at home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Galesburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night before an early flight out of Des Moines. The lady working check-in (I arrived fairly late, around 8pm) was very sweet. She seemed genuinely interested in me and my travels. I had pre-paid for the room and she moved my check-in process along pretty smoothly.

The room was mostly clean but a bit dated. The furniture and decor is in need of updating badly. There was a huge stain in the carpet (pictured) and the room had that unpleasant "hotel" odor. Also, there was mold in the bath tub (also pictured). When I opened the windows to air the room out, I noticed the window ledges were quite dirty. It was very warm that evening so I turned the air conditioner on and the room odor returned.

The bed, while dated, was pretty comfortable and the suite had all the amenities you would expect at an extended stay facility.

One positive aspect was the internet. While most hotels have generally slow interntet, the internet flew here and I was able to accomplish a lot of work before heading out for vacation!

The hotel is in a very nice neighborhood near some restaurants (both fast food and casual dining). The area feels very safe and is easy to find. While the hotel was some distance from the airport and downtown, both are only minutes away via the interstate.

Check-Out was a breeze as I had to leave very early. All in all it was okay...but this hotel needs some updating before I can call it top notch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay. It was great to hear that our staff was so friendly to you. Yet, I do apologize for the issues you had during your stay as this is not something that typically occurs here at our hotel. I have taken your comments and reviewed them with the staff to ensure situations such as the ones you encountered do not occur again.

Again I apologize and we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I really couldnt believe the quality of this room. cannot go wrong but staying here. you will have the comforts of home away from home. I really look forward to staying here again. I travel alot and when Im traveling and need a place to stay this is what I will be looking for

• Stayed December 2012
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning again soon. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines? Share your experiences!