“Their PEOPLE Make The Championship Difference!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in West Des Moines
Raymore, Missouri, United States
“Their PEOPLE Make The Championship Difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Found the Marriott West in Des Moines to be of Championship caliber.

Rooms extra clean and full of amenities.

YET...it's their staff - their people - that make the difference.
Special kudos to Bridget at the front desk for service and friendliness that ranks with the best!
She's a Champion!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Marriott West Des Moines, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
TheBondedFamily,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to have had you and your family stay with us, and we're delighted you enjoyed your visit. I'll make sure to share your kind words with Bridget and give her a special commendation for her outstanding service. We hope you'll come and visit us again.

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
IOWA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed here before on a one night stay and go. This trip I was here for a great deal longer. On the 2nd day of my stay, Morgan, a gentleman who works at the front desk greats me by my name. Keep in mind it's mid jan and then hotel is dead but either way after visiting with him a bit it seems like we are old family friends. I guess that goes for pretty much the whole staff. I have been able to visit with most everyone from the food/bar area due to my lengthy stay. A great place to stay. Side note, this hotel was amazing when we came to Des Moines with my family of 5 for a traveling sports tourney gig. The kids loved the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Marriott West Des Moines, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
LETMPLAY,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and writing a review about your stay with us at Marriott. We greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we're delighted to know that you had a nice, comfortable visit. I appreciate you letting me know about Morgan's outstanding service and welcoming manner. I'll make sure to share your comments with him as well as give him a special commendation. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us as we look forward to your return.
Crossett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here last winter and had a grand time. The rooms are comfortable. The banquet facilities are charming and the staff is ready to help their guests. The breakfast was delicious and served quickly. The buffet was above the average. The bar is inviting and friendly. The food here was good as well. We had a most pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Gran7,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Marriott. We're very glad to hear that you liked our hotel and had a nice, comfortable visit. Good to know you liked our staff, bar, and breakfast too! Please come and visit us again soon. We look forward to your return.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here a couple times throughout last year for business and rooms are decent. The problems I had is that the hotel didn't mention that construction was going on until arrival. No lobby during construction and snacks and beverages was operated out of another hotel room.. Shopping is nearby and courtesy shuttle will take you wherever you want to go withing a 10 mile radius. Drivers are nice so tip them for their services.

Had to call Marriott Corporate twice in-order to get my rewards for my stays. Ball only seems to drop both times I stayed at this location

Room Tip: Be sure to contact hotel directly to find out if any construction is going on or if restaurant is in...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Marriott West Des Moines, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
gone247travels,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Marriott. We appreciate your continued patronage, and we're glad you like our hotel. I am particularly pleased to know that you enjoy our courtesy shuttle, and I hope it provides a nice way for you to visit our lovely area. I apologize for the trouble you've experienced in receiving your Marriott rewards. I will make sure to review your comments with our staff and make necessary improvements to ensure we don't drop the ball in this respect. Please continue to use us as your hotel of choice when staying in West Des Moines. We enjoy having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Unlike most of the midget pillows in hotel rooms, this hotel had the real king-size pillow on a king-size bed. They are so comfortable and make you feel like at home. In addition, the hotel restaurant had pretty decent food. We had our dinner there, and the Ruben Sandwich and the house-made chips were both delicious. The hotel staffs at the front desk and at the restaurant were all friendly and pleasant.

Room Tip: The house-made potato chips that come with the sandwich were delicious!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Marriott West Des Moines, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Waverunner2012,
We're pleased to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us at Marriott Hotel. I'm glad you liked our comfortable pillows and beds, and especially pleased to know that they gave you a homey feeling. It's good to hear that your dinner with us was also nice and our friendly staff added to your enjoyable visit. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Took a small group of honors students to Des Moines for an academic competition and stayed at the WDM Marriott in early December. Several days later, I noticed an unexplained $265 charge on the card. What might THAT be for, I called to ask, as I was never directly notified of it. Accounts told me it was a penalty for smoking in the one of the rooms, then sent me the photographic evidence filed away to back up their claim. The photos included two shots of hotel garbage cans overflowing with fast food waste, multiple cigar boxes and condom wrappers. Furthermore, their "evidence" was date-stamped 1/1/2007, which made sense to me, as this did indeed look like the remnants of some New Year's Bash. I called once more. Are you quite certain you'd like to stick with your story that my four 15 and 16 year-old female honor students left...THIS...behind...in the one or two hours they were actually at the hotel and awake. You are telling me they hosted a cigar-smoking bachelor orgy, and perhaps they thought that might go unnoticed? And what should I think about this 2007 datestamp? After a couple hours of back-and-forth emails, they admitted they could not verify what photos belonged with what event, room, situation, etc., and retracted the credit card charge. This was the right outcome, of course, but I was left wondering how many other groups might have been charged recently as a result of similarly slipshod procedures. I suspect some businesses would not notice errant charges on a corporate card, or bother to investigate.

Room Tip: Choose a room where you will not somehow be scammed $265.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chris C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can improve and perfect our guest experience. We will definitely readdress the importance of accuracy with our associates. We put a lot of emphasis on providing smoke-free guestrooms as Marriott promotes all their hotels in North America as non-smoking. I do agree with you that we must be accurate with our supporting documentation. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Fabulous, hip room redesigns. Get a one-bedroom suite if possible. Nice new flat-screen TVs, but hard to find regular channels and too-slow surfing. Front desk staff very nice, but restaurant hostess needs some training. Grim demeanor. Also, when she was clearing breakfast table settings for lunch, she gripped the clean glasses with her fingers and thumbs inside, even though they were being stored for use the next morning. Unsanitary to say the least.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Marriott West Des Moines, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Kevin M,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at West Des Moines Marriott Hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will review your comments with our restaurant staff. I'm pleased you liked our hotel and staff. We hope you'll come and visit us again soon.
Lisa Tuller, General Manager

Been to Marriott West Des Moines? Share your experiences!