We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. Since we normally plan our hotel stays during the week and avoid holidays, we weren't prepared for the crowd that weekend. (including wedding parties)
We checked in around 2:00pm on Friday and headed for the pool. At the time, it wasn't very crowded, but the crowds started pouring in about 4:30pm and we vacated. The pool is small and is split between the inside and outside. The water in the outdoor portion bothered my son's eyes - we are not sure why.
The evening snacks were nice - baked potatoes, hot dogs, hot wings, chili, chips, veggies, and salad. It was more than the typical happy hour. We aren't drinkers, so the bar tender was happy to make us sun rises w/o tequila. (they also had shirley temples and roy rogers) Happy Hour was very popular, so I would suggest getting there right when they start. (5:30) In the same area, they also had free popcorn and soft drinks.
We took a nice walk around the neighborhood. It is supposed to be like a small village with uniform store fronts and fountains. (not many trees, lots of brick) There are some little spray fountains that shoot up from one of the sidewalks. We saw some kids enjoying those. There is a Target within that area also and it is very easy to walk over there for any needed supplies.
We didn't have many issues with noise. The hotel was pretty full and there were some rowdy guests, but that really is not Drury's fault.
Breakfast was the typical make-your-own waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits with gravy, toast, bagels, and juice.
We chose a King suite to have a little more room to relax. The bedroom area was quite a bit larger than other suite hotels that we have seen. The room was clean and comfortable.
The staff at the front desk was pleasant, but not extremely experienced.
Overall, we had a pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites West Des Moines
- Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines Hotel West Des Moines
- Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines Hotel
- West Des Moines Drury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Drury is conveniently located within walking distance of a the Jordan Creek Town Shopping Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Fareportal , Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.