This was our first stay at a Drury and it was clear where all the good reviews come from. Easy access from I 35 and it sits at the entrance to a neighborhood-type shopping area (we didn't have time to explore it.) Fastest check-in, period. Excellent customer service. Rooms were very clean, though the recliner in our room had seen a few spills. I never sleep well in hotels, but I did here. Very comfortable beds, including the pillows, which were supportive but soft and didn't wrench my neck. Nice big bathroom with shower mounted dispensers of soap, shampoo, and conditioner (great for kids.) Pretty quiet, though our wake-up call was the neighbor's shower. The food is a great perk. Hot dogs, baked potatoes, salad, nacho fixings, and some sort of soup/chili seemed standard with a rotating dish of some sort of pasta. Breakfast had the normal offerings of sausage, eggs, waffles, and also real hot oatmeal (not the packets) with a variety of toppings available. The couple in charge of the food service are exceptionally friendly. A couple of hiccups for us. The hotel was full and we occasionally had a long wait for an elevator. We took the stairs more than once, even though we were on the 6th floor. The 2 elevators are at the entrance to the food area, so the congestion there was pretty bad at meal times. The evening food line was long with tired, whiny kids and both times we had to take our food to our room because there wasn't a free table (not really the hotel's fault- the eating area is quite large.) The indoor/outdoor pool was nice, but pretty small for a hotel full of families. We bought lunches and put them in the fridge, which was running, only to find them room temp. the next morning (staff quickly credited the cost of the food to our bill.) Friends told us later that the fridge had to be removed from the cabinet it was in and the temp. adjusted from the back. But this is being nit-picky- clearly this place is far superior to most of what's out there. Don't hesitate to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Drury is conveniently located within walking distance of a the Jordan Creek Town Shopping Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites West Des Moines
- Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines Hotel West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Drury