“Great Food, Friendly Waitstaff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mi Patria Ecuadorian Restaurant

Mi Patria Ecuadorian Restaurant
1410 22nd St, West Des Moines, IA 50266-1403 (Formerly Cazador)
515-222-2755
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Perry, Iowa
“Great Food, Friendly Waitstaff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My mother and I shared a pulled pork sandwich and french fries. It was very good and juicy. The portion was large enough for us to share. Our waitress was very friendly and made good suggestions on the menu. We will be back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Des Moines, Iowa
“Glad we tried it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I went here to try something different having never had Ecuadorian food. I had the Hornado con mote (pulled pork) which was amazing! So juicy and tender! Will definitely be returning here again!!

Memphis
“What a Find in the Middle of Iowa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ventured in after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. The waiter was extremely helpful in making our selections. We enjoyed the cheese empanadas, which were light and sprinkled with powdered sugar. My friend had the Carne Asada and said it was delicious. My Arroz con Camarones were wonderful as well and more than I could eat. Next time, we will need to save room for desert. So, go, find Ecuadorian food in the heartland of America and enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“A tasty oasis in the strip mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had dinner here based on past reviews in TA. I wasn't disappointed! As much as the Hooters was calling me across the parking lot (haha) I dined here solo. There were only a few tables seated since it was about 8-8:30 and they closed at 9pm. The nice gentleman waiting tables was very pleasant, and when I had a few questions he was quick to recommend the ceviche mixto over other plates. This mixed seafood ceviche was delicious, and had crunchy peanuts as garnish, and a side of patacones (Ecuadorian version of Puerto Rica's tostones) and rice. A few cold beers were a great match after a long day of work.

Seek this little gem out and you won't be disappointed either.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johnston, Iowa
“Just OK for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate here on a whim the other night and while it was OK, it didn't really stand out for us. The place is very clean and even smelled very clean when we walked in the door. It is very unassuming located in a strip mall, so don't expect anything fancy. We were seated right away but then waited for a few minutes for someone to come take our drink order. Once our drinks arrived, we then waited a little longer for them to stop and take our dinner order. We ordered the beef empanada appetizer and the Mi Patria for Two, which was MORE than enough food. The empanadas came out piping hot and very, very good. The homemade hot sauce was a great compliment. Our dinner came with a sampling of chicken, beef, and pork...all three were cooked perfectly and were very tender. The rest of the meal was just OK, but not sure it was anyone's fault. Maybe we just don't love Ecuadorian food? The rice, beans, and potato patty were all very bland, but maybe that is normal?

Not sure if we will go back for dinner, but I could definitely make a stop for more empanadas!

• Visited July 2013