“Very clean and nice helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6075 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in West Des Moines
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Very clean and nice helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here and we were very happy with our stay.. we had to come very late into the night due to some travel problems we had. We ended up getting here at 3am and the hotel staff was so nice, they could see we were stressed.. they offered to open the pool and hot tub to use so we could relax a bit... they also allowed us a very late check out, 4pm... rooms were very clean and big... great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for three nights. Approx. 15 min. drive from the airport. Very nice hotel in a great area. The hotel is new and nicely decorated. Rooms are a nice size and well decorated. Showers are a great size and plenty of counter space. I had forgotten my hair dryer and expected to have to use the typical "suck to the wall" hair dryer but they had a regular hair dryer. The morning breakfast has a very good selection, though I think they could make less at a time so that it does not get cold before they need to replenish again. The wait staff in the restaurant is very friendly as well. We also opted to eat dinner in the restaurant one night which was very good. I had the stuffed pork chop, my daughter a steak and my husband had pasta. All was very good and again very good service.
There is plenty of great shopping very close to the hotel, both strip mall and a very large mall within minutes. There is also a Starbucks within a 5 or so min. walk from the hotel.
We would recommend this hotel to others for sure !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I hate hate hate giving this hotel consistently rave reviews because the price has almost doubled from my last stay but what can I do? They deserve it. They under promise and way way way over deliver.

Stayed June 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice newer hotel with a great location. Comfortable beds and pillows. The pool was nothing like what they represented in the pictures from the hotel. They made is look 3x bigger than it is. It is a nice hotel, but for the price would stay next time at Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn. Asked to have our room upgraded since we are platinum members. If they are not able to provide this benefit because they are full, they should offer something else. It would seen like good business to me.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Shannon R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding you stay at our hotel. We value you as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. We apologize that you were not recognized as a Platinum Member, and that we were unable to honor your request during your stay. We are also sorry for the hotel facilities which fell below your expectations. Rest assured these issues will be looked into.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again so we can make it up to you. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Everyone was very nice and welcoming. My daughter just got her braces (sore & couldn't eat) and they were kind enough to microwave her Easy Mac for us in the restaurant. I didn't like that they didn't have a microwave or refrigerator in the rooms. There was an obvious place where it should be. When I asked about one, they had already distributed the supply they had. A little crazy for the price I was paying. The area was GREAT, A LOT of restaurants and shopping. Johnny's Steakhouse inside was very nice. My family ate the breakfast buffet in the mornings and they said it was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carroll, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was acknowledged as a rewards member and given 2 free drink cards. This was a great way to start the night! However, upon entering our room on the 5th floor, when I had specifically requested the top floor so I wouldn't hear guests above me, I was disappointed to find that for a room that was over $100 a night, there is not a fridge or microwave. The beds were also too soft for my liking as I have a bad back. There was no conditioner in our room, either. If all of this wasn't bad enough, we could hear the exact words of "pleasure" from the woman in the room above us! I was with my children so it was quite uncomfortable. We decided to go check out the pool and there were dirty towels lying all over the pool area. Later on that night, while trying to sleep, I could hear the tv in the room next door. I would not recommend this hotel unless you have no other options!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the top floor!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear kapmom44,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Victoria, b.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Of all the hotels we stay in during the year this is truly our favorite. Excellent management and staff make this a must to stay. Very clean and well maintained. Great food in house and nearby. Highly recommended

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek? Share your experiences!