“One Night Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tarkio, United States
“One Night Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Overall our stay was excellent. Room was very nice but as with most the air conditioning always blows across the bed. Why is this? Garden Inn's breakfast is always an excellent spread of variety. Fruit was exceptional this stay and the omelet was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wichita, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Des Moines Hilton Garden Inn was GREAT / CLEAN / FRIENDLY!!!! The staff went out of their way to recommend things and the room was very clean . . . the pool was very clean . . the bar staff and the breakfast staff went above and beyond to take care of our needs and to anticipate our needs!!! I would highly recommend staying there to anyone! It's near a great mall and a great theater and within a mile or so of I-35 so it's easy to get to!

Aurora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn - West Des Moines on our way back to Denver. The hotel was nice and the rooms were clean, but I thought the cost was high! And I didn't like that you can have breakfast there, but it's over $10 each.

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I tend to like Hilton properties and as a a diamond member have a lot of experience staying at them. As i walked up to the counter, I was very tired and thirsty after a long, six hour drive. I was anxious to get to the room. There were two ladies at the counter, one was helping a guest and the other started typing on her screen as I walked up. I waited a couple of minutes and the lady without a guest told me it would be a just a second. She continued doing what she was doing. At this time a third lady walks up behind them, stands with her hands on her hips and just looks on over both their shoulders. I'm waiting. After a couple more minutes, the lady without the guest said she was ready and apologized unconvincingly for the delay . The check-in process went well until I asked for a bottle of water. The lady said that there were bottled waters in my room to let her know if there wasn't any. I walked away disappointed. I had bypassed the lemon water in the lobby. When I got to the room, i went straight to the fridge and of course, no water. I bought my own six pack of water when I went out to dinner which I decided to do immediately because the room was hot. There was no one at the front desk as I passed by it leaving for dinner.

The room was nice and well kept. I slept well. Breakfast tasted very good but the waitresses didn't refill my coffee. I remedied that by taking a cup to go from the lobby on my way out. I will probably be back if i can't find another Hilton property with availability nearby. Although, I am tempted try the Marriott just a block or two away just because of that check in experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This property is located in the immediate vicinity of Jordan Creek Shopping Center. I did not stay here because of that reason, but it is a very nice area of West Des Moines. The hotel still looks brand new. There is a bar and restaurant in the lobby along with a sitting area for those who wish to visit. The hotel has a pool, fitness center, and a larger area with meeting space. I stayed in a room with a king bed. The room still had that new carpet smell and was very clean! It also had a microwave and refrigerator. There is a thermostat in the room to control the temperature which is a feature that is lacking in many hotel rooms these days, but one that is a welcome addition over the wall units that run constantly. The ceilings in the rooms are very high which helped to make me feel more at home than other rooms that have low ceilings and very little space to move around. The tub/shower and sink are all in the bathroom and was adequate size. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet., and the price made this hotel a great value! Overall, this is a great option for anyone traveling on I-80 or I-35 (easy access to this area from both interstates and not that far from either one) or for anyone needing a place to stay while visiting the Des Moines area. I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MurphyOConnell, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you very much for you kind words! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We love that our rooms have air conditioners with in-room controls and are glad you like them as well. We really can't thank you enough for your kind words and your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again.
Burlington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We thought breakfast was included it wasn't, 10.95 per person. A small package of m&ms in the store in the lobby was 3.00. The room was warmer and the air kept turning for and on all night which meant little sleep.

Good Afternoon!
I am so sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. I'm even more surprised to hear that you had to pay $3.00 for M&M's. Our candy bars cost $2.00. I am terribly sorry that one of our front desk clerks were uninformed of our pantry prices. Yes our breakfast is not included in the basic package. We actually have a wonderful Bed 'n' Breakfast room package that will reduce the cost to $7 dollars per adult while children eat free. I know this doesn't help you as of now. I will be incontact with you in order to make this right for you. Until then, please enjoy your day.
bettendorf, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during July 4th weekend as it was close to our relatives who live in West Des Moines. We had a great experience. Staff was wonderful. When my son checked in late on Thursday night he was upgraded to a suite which worked perfect for him as he was sharing a room with his cousin. Great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad you celebrated the fourth of July with us! I hope you and your family enjoyed the holiday together. We are glad that the upgrade for your son was not only a nice treat but a very efficient one! We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines? Share your experiences!