“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

If you are shopping at Jordan Creek this is a good location. Not really within walking distance in the winter but they do have a shuttle! Staff very welcoming. Our expedia reservation said we had breakfast but when we got there the breakfast was not included, $8 something a person I believe, and I didn't have anything to prove I had booked that rate. The room rates were the same when I was booking (?) so naturally I took the with breakfast rate. We didn't get breakfast so that was disappointing but still giving 5 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Marshalltown, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very nice newer hotel that is located across the street from the East end of Jordon Creek Mall. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. There is a shuttle that will transport you a short distance but we did not utilize it since it only ran until 9:45pm. The mall closed at 10 pm and we decided to take in a late movie. The only thing we would have liked to have was a little something to eat in the am before we were off shopping. They serve a full breakfast but charge approximately $9.00 per person for it. We did not feel like a large breakfast and asked if they offered something "continental" style, like a bagle or muffin. We were told yes but there was a charge for that too. We felt that for what we paid for our room they could have least afford to offer a bagle free of charge. Not a big deal but a little annoying nevertheless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Booked last minute at this property for a funeral. Arrived late in the evening to a new looking Hilton Garden Inn with friendly staff. Room was spacious with a comfortable bed, nice bathroom and adequate space to relax. Pool and Hot Tub area was very large and it was nice to relax after a long drive. If I am in the area again I would definitely stay at this property. Did not have much of a chance to visit the surrounding area, but the property seemed very conveniently located near plenty of shopping and restaurants. Great job!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Illinois City, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have stayed here multiple times with my family. The pool has a great wading pool with water spouts for the little kiddies to play without needing an adult in the pool with them. The hotel rooms are nothing special but were clean. The staff is OK, the breakfast is good. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay with a young family- this is a great choice!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, and I am impressed by the consistently friendly service. The staff is sharp, and ensures check in is pleasant, the stay is great, and check out is only sad because I have to leave the hotel. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The hotel is close to malls, shops and restuarants. This is my favorite Hilton hotel in Des Moines.

Room Tip: I prefer the two room suites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent one night at the Hilton. We have stayed here many times in the past several years and I will continue to go back. We paid up front for the room and got a cheaper rate (it is a no cancellation rate) When we got to the hotel they gave us two breakfast coupons. We have not had breakfast there in the past because it cost $9 a piece and we just went over to Jordan Creek Mall and ate at Panera before shopping. But this time we stayed and I must say the breakfast was great - cook to order items as well as the regular buffet. And eating off of china and metal utensils instead of paper plates and plastic was a plus. And have the attendants pour you coffee at the table was so nice. No problems with the room. Bathroom was clean. I would recommend this hotel if you are going shopping at Jordan Creek Mall or vicinity.

Room Tip: We did ask for a quiet room away from the ice machines and elevator and they honored my request.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and two kids while visiting my in-laws last weekend. Overall it's a nice, comfortable hotel. We wanted a hotel room that had a separate sleeping and living area. The room we booked had a living area with a pull-out sofabed, separated by a door to the bedroom that had two queen-sized beds. The queen beds were extremely comfortable. However, my son said that the sofabed in the living area was extremely uncomfortable. (He ended up folding the bed back up and sleeping on the sofa). The room was clean, however, the toilet was extremely loud. Seriously, it sounded like an F-14 launching off an aircraft carrier every time someone flushed. We joked about it, but it was a bit annoying. The shower also squeaked a bit.
I forgot my toothbrush and was courteously given one by a front desk staff member. And my husband called me a hero when the front desk gave me a bottle opener.
We enjoyed the pool area. There's a large pool for "serious" swimmers, a slightly heated shallow pool that is perfect for little kids, and a hot tub. (Tip: don't turn the bubbles on in the hot tub. If you do, the chlorine rises up and burns your eyes, forcing you to get out quickly). The breakfast buffet was delicious, but pricey. I know I'm thrifty, but at the price point of this hotel, I expect a free breakfast. With tip, breakfast was $36 for two adults and two kids. We only ate at the hotel one day. Overall, a good hotel to stay at when we're able to splurge.

Room Tip: We were in room 235, a deluxe 2 queen bed suite. We couldn't hear any noise from outside the roo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines? Share your experiences!