“Property of Choice in West Des Moines” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Des Moines West

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Des Moines West to your Saves list
Residence Inn Des Moines West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 South Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in West Des Moines
Madison, Wisconsin
“Property of Choice in West Des Moines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Property of choice in West Des Moines, can't beat the location if you have any shopping you need to get done - it's close to everything. Walking to the movie theater at night is a nice perk as well. Facilities are well maintained, front desk staff were kind and happy to see our small pug. Room was clean, and as expected as we stay at many Residence Inn locations around the US. We stayed during a winter storm, and parking lots were plowed, walkways shoveled within good time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very glad that you had a wonderful stay and look forward to see you again in the future

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Buffalo, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I am not typically one to leave a bad review. I usually try and work out any sort of issue with the hotel management and they are typically helpful.

I used my rewards points to book a hotel room at the Jordan Creek Marriott Residence inn for my wife who had to travel to Des Moines, IA to help settle the estate for a grandfather who recently passed away. My wife is currently pregnant and had to load up our 4 year old and 2 year old, travel 6 hours, and then go through the personal effects of someone she was very close to for 4 hours while keeping our 2 small children occupied.

I called ahead to the hotel and told them that she would be the one checking in and they said that would be no problem. We requested that the room be a 2 bedroom queen if available and they said she could request an upgrade at check in if the room was available it would be no problem.

When my wife went to the hotel to check in they treated her like she had no business checking in on a reservation I booked for her with my points. After they finally let her check in on the reservation she asked about the room I originally requested and said she was willing to pay the difference. They said that was not possible and they would have to cancel the reservation that currently existed and charge her $300 if she wanted that room. Already worn out from the long day she just kept the room on the reservation and checked in.

Once they checked into the room there was dirty laundry left in the room from housekeeping.

I had to take time out of my 13 hour/day work day to deal with this crap.

When I have stayed in this hotel in the past they have been nothing but helpful. This kind of treatment to my wife is absolutely unacceptable. That is the exact reason I refuse to stay in any Holiday Inn chain. I understand that platinum elite members typically get quicker responses from the hotel as I have been platinum elite for the last 5 years but hassling my wife is ridiculous.

I stay in Marriott hotels between 100-150 nights a year because I travel for work and have never been treated like this.

I hope this hotel sees this review and straightens out their priorities. I can just as easily take my business to another hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2014
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed overnight, a Saturday night during the State wrestling tournament. A hotel filled with rowdy boys and their families. I was concerned about the noise level but even in the room next to the elevator I heard nothing. Staff was really friendly. Room was clean, not huge but perfect for overnight. Location was great. Walked to the mall for a Cinnabon! Would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! Yes, it gets crazy around here during the tournaments but I am glad to hear that your stay was still great! Hope to see you again soon!
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is our property of choice when we travel to Des Moines. The location cannot be beat. Once again, we enjoyed our stay. Our room was spotless, bed was comfy & the breakfast was delicious. The gal who takes care of the breakfast room is always so polite & quick to help. I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed so far, excellent location, good ambience and friendly staff

There were many good experiences during my stay. Little small things they do makes you feel like a king.

I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nocona50266, Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This Residence Inn has an amazing staff, everyone I interacted with was helpful and charming. If it weren't for them I don't know that I would have given the hotel 4 out of 5 stars, but I think that the staff is one of the most important aspects of any hotel experience.
I like that they offer recycling service and you can schedule days for them to come into the room for cleaning (I typically only get my room cleaned once a week when there for a long stay). They are also a pet friendly hotel, and my dog was welcome there which is always really nice.
The beds are comfortable and the room was modern and clean. No stove in the room, which is always kind of a bummer, but the stove top and microwave make for plenty of meal options.
That said, the walls are a little thin, I had a family come in for a few nights next door to my room and the noise level was terrible. I could deal with the guy in there before them who watched The Daily Show super loud, it wasn't too bad through the wall and I could tune it out, but random screams from children and constant door slamming was a bit much.
The location was weird too. I enjoyed being able to walk around the little man made lake with my dog, but walking options otherwise were very limited, the sidewalks would just end and the mall area is littered with intersections that are 2, 3, or 4 way stops and nobody seemed to know how to use them, so I wouldn't advise walking through them.
I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy the plethora of chain restaurants nearby, but I can't say that I went to one of them for the entirety of my stay, and with all the traffic and intersections around, it was a bit of a pain to get in and out of.
Also, if you're using a Garmin GPS to get to this hotel, it'll have you go into a residential neighborhood across the street from the mall for some reason, so watch out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appriciate all the great feedback about our staff. I am pleased to hear that they had such a wonderful impact on your stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel with an excellent staff! Very clean rooms that were very quiet and comfortable! Excellent evening reception and wonderful breakfast! Pool and hot tub area was very nice. Great value too for what we paid. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Des Moines West? Share your experiences!