“Pretty Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Des Moines West

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Des Moines West to your Saves list
Residence Inn Des Moines West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 South Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in West Des Moines
Hyderabad, India
“Pretty Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed so far, excellent location, good ambience and friendly staff

There were many good experiences during my stay. Little small things they do makes you feel like a king.

I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nocona50266, Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This Residence Inn has an amazing staff, everyone I interacted with was helpful and charming. If it weren't for them I don't know that I would have given the hotel 4 out of 5 stars, but I think that the staff is one of the most important aspects of any hotel experience.
I like that they offer recycling service and you can schedule days for them to come into the room for cleaning (I typically only get my room cleaned once a week when there for a long stay). They are also a pet friendly hotel, and my dog was welcome there which is always really nice.
The beds are comfortable and the room was modern and clean. No stove in the room, which is always kind of a bummer, but the stove top and microwave make for plenty of meal options.
That said, the walls are a little thin, I had a family come in for a few nights next door to my room and the noise level was terrible. I could deal with the guy in there before them who watched The Daily Show super loud, it wasn't too bad through the wall and I could tune it out, but random screams from children and constant door slamming was a bit much.
The location was weird too. I enjoyed being able to walk around the little man made lake with my dog, but walking options otherwise were very limited, the sidewalks would just end and the mall area is littered with intersections that are 2, 3, or 4 way stops and nobody seemed to know how to use them, so I wouldn't advise walking through them.
I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy the plethora of chain restaurants nearby, but I can't say that I went to one of them for the entirety of my stay, and with all the traffic and intersections around, it was a bit of a pain to get in and out of.
Also, if you're using a Garmin GPS to get to this hotel, it'll have you go into a residential neighborhood across the street from the mall for some reason, so watch out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appriciate all the great feedback about our staff. I am pleased to hear that they had such a wonderful impact on your stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel with an excellent staff! Very clean rooms that were very quiet and comfortable! Excellent evening reception and wonderful breakfast! Pool and hot tub area was very nice. Great value too for what we paid. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here the night before our son returned from his overseas deployment. This property is conveniently located to Jordan Creek Mall & many eateries. Check-in was an average wait time. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast was typical for what we've had at other hotels. The breakfast gal did a great job keeping the area clean and stocked. The only two issues we encountered: the television in the bedroom (we stayed in a one bedroom unit) did not work properly. They did send someone up to fix it. He did apologize for how long it took but it had to be fixed at some point. That did not really bother us. The biggest issue to me was the mattress. I have stayed at many different Marriott properties and I have to say that this bed was the worst. We kept sinking to the middle. I am hoping that this mattress was on a short list of "replacements." The room was very clean which is at the top of my "must haves."

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nocona50266, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Residence Inn for your stay. We work hard to make sure our guests have a exemplary stay. I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us. We are having maintenance replace mattresses to make necessary steps to prevent this in the future. I'm happy to hear the breakfast staff and room cleanliness met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Kathryn G.
Front Office Manager
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed in The Residence Inn for a five day stay and had a nice time. The rooms were clean and offered plenty of space. The beds were comfortable and the fridge and stove allow for many options for cooking in the room. There is a large Weber grill on the back patio which is great for grilling out. The fitness room has two treadmills, an elyptical, and two stationary bikes along with free weights up to 30lbs. It would be nice to have free weights to 60lbs or 65lbs and maybe a machine or two for shoulders and chest, but there is not enough room. The indoor pool looked nice and was well used by the other guests. The free breakfast was good. Lots of juices, fruits, yogurts, cereals, milk, rolls, sausage, eggs, biscuits to choose from. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Newspapers (USA Today) are available in the lobby. There are two computers available in the library off of the lobby but one was not working. The hotel is located right near a mall with several dining options and a movie theater. There is a large sidewalk that makes it way around the property and is almost 2.5 miles around - good for running and walking. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Quad Cities, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

As a frequent traveler ie Road Warrior, I have to comment that this is one of the nicer Residence Inn's that I have stayed in. The staff is great, the evening social are very good as is the breakfast.
The only thing I would say is that the GPS will have you driving around West Des Moines looking for this facility. Please note to take a left at the ligt next to the mall and it's a winding road behind the italian restaurant.
If you choose not to eat at the evening socials, there are plenty of options within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Nocona50266, Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Residence Inn for your recent stay. We work very hard to make each of our guests feel welcomed while they are with us - I'm happy to hear the staff, breakfast and social exceeded your needs.The Residence Inn is located on the Jordan Creek Mall property so we had to take the mall address which does create a logistic nightmare. I do hope this did not impact your stay too much.

Thank you for the comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Nocona Mollendor
Asst. General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Having multiple beds, kitchenette and separate rooms was a real plus for us with 4 weary children. The rooms were clean and comfortable and they loved the breakfast! They also liked the playground on the property. The bathroom was large enough to run the kids through the shower without running into each other. It was nice to empty our coolers into the fridge and load back up all our

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Residence Inn for your recent stay. . It’s great to hear that you found the room immaculate and the showers and bathroom superb!- I'm happy to hear the breakfast met your needs.

We look forward to having you and your family with us again soon!

Nocona Mollendor
Asst. General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Des Moines West? Share your experiences!