This Residence Inn has an amazing staff, everyone I interacted with was helpful and charming. If it weren't for them I don't know that I would have given the hotel 4 out of 5 stars, but I think that the staff is one of the most important aspects of any hotel experience.
I like that they offer recycling service and you can schedule days for them to come into the room for cleaning (I typically only get my room cleaned once a week when there for a long stay). They are also a pet friendly hotel, and my dog was welcome there which is always really nice.
The beds are comfortable and the room was modern and clean. No stove in the room, which is always kind of a bummer, but the stove top and microwave make for plenty of meal options.
That said, the walls are a little thin, I had a family come in for a few nights next door to my room and the noise level was terrible. I could deal with the guy in there before them who watched The Daily Show super loud, it wasn't too bad through the wall and I could tune it out, but random screams from children and constant door slamming was a bit much.
The location was weird too. I enjoyed being able to walk around the little man made lake with my dog, but walking options otherwise were very limited, the sidewalks would just end and the mall area is littered with intersections that are 2, 3, or 4 way stops and nobody seemed to know how to use them, so I wouldn't advise walking through them.
I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy the plethora of chain restaurants nearby, but I can't say that I went to one of them for the entirety of my stay, and with all the traffic and intersections around, it was a bit of a pain to get in and out of.
Also, if you're using a Garmin GPS to get to this hotel, it'll have you go into a residential neighborhood across the street from the mall for some reason, so watch out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Des Moines West Residence Inn by Marriott at Jordan Creek Town Center offers all that the business, leisure, and those relocating are seeking. Located minutes away from the headquarters of Wells Fargo, the downtown financial district, and Des Moines International Airport. Our visitors have access to many local attractions including the Iowa Events Center/Wells Fargo Arena, Science and Botanical Center, and Des Moines Civic Center to name a few. Here you will also find shopping, lakeside restaurants, running trails, and an outdoor amphitheater for enjoying concerts and other activities all within walking distance. As the leader in extended stay lodging, our homelike surroundings invite you to relax, and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn Des Moines West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Des Moines West Hotel West Des Moines
- Residence Inn West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Residence Inn