The location is tough to beat, on the outskirts of the Jordan Creek Town Center mall, so there are many, many options for food nearby, plus movies and shopping. This also means it's a newer property with well-kept grounds. Very easy drive to/from the interstate. Rooms are spacious, and the basics were all there: comfortable bed, good water pressure and hot water, nice TV with plenty of channels, and friendly staff. Won this as a name-your-own-price booking for literally half of the going rate, so with free Wi-fi and hot breakfast, it was a good value.
For everything it did right, the room did have a couple minor let-downs with cleanliness and noise. Although the room was in mostly great shape, the tub did have a couple hairs and some sharp crumbs on the floor from a previous guest. The way the toilet paper had been torn, I wasn't sure if the toilet had been cleaned, although it looked fine. These didn't bother me much, but a small blood stain in the middle of one of the sheets wasn't a great discovery. Bedding was otherwise quite comfortable.
Lastly, any time the room above or below showered or flushed, the water/pipe noise was fairly loud and woke me up a few times. Being a construction issue, there's nothing the hotel can to remedy that now, and it was my only real disappointment. If you're hard of hearing or an otherwise heavy sleeper, though, this hotel is a good option.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Des Moines West Hotel
- Residence Inn Des Moines West Hotel West Des Moines
- Residence Inn West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Des Moines West Residence Inn by Marriott at Jordan Creek Town Center offers all that the business, leisure, and those relocating are seeking. Located minutes away from the headquarters of Wells Fargo, the downtown financial district, and Des Moines International Airport. Our visitors have access to many local attractions including the Iowa Events Center/Wells Fargo Arena, Science and Botanical Center, and Des Moines Civic Center to name a few. Here you will also find shopping, lakeside restaurants, running trails, and an outdoor amphitheater for enjoying concerts and other activities all within walking distance. As the leader in extended stay lodging, our homelike surroundings invite you to relax, and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Des Moines West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.