I stayed at The Residence Inn with my dog this past weekend, on 6/8/13. My husband and I recently moved and I was driving 1150 miles with our dog to our new home. West Des Moines, IA was the best place to split up the drive. I drove 670 miles on Saturday and was on the road for over twelve hours. When I arrived to check in the staff informed me there was a $100 non-refundable pet charge in addition to my $179 room charge. When I booked the hotel the day prior I checked both Priceline and the Marriott website - there was no mention of a pet charge on either site. It simply reads "pet friendly". I informed the staff that there was no mention of this charge when I booked and they replied with "what do you want to do?". As a young female, traveling alone, 670 miles from anyone I knew, and exhausted after spending the entire day driving, I told them I had no other option. Upon checking out I found that there was a Room Tax and City Tax applied to the Pet Charge in addition to the Room Tax and City Tax applied to the Room Charge.
I am extremely disappointed in Marriott for not being up front with their guests on their website and through the booking process. This is misleading and dishonest. They have lost a customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Des Moines West Residence Inn by Marriott at Jordan Creek Town Center offers all that the business, leisure, and those relocating are seeking. Located minutes away from the headquarters of Wells Fargo, the downtown financial district, and Des Moines International Airport. Our visitors have access to many local attractions including the Iowa Events Center/Wells Fargo Arena, Science and Botanical Center, and Des Moines Civic Center to name a few. Here you will also find shopping, lakeside restaurants, running trails, and an outdoor amphitheater for enjoying concerts and other activities all within walking distance. As the leader in extended stay lodging, our homelike surroundings invite you to relax, and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn Des Moines West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Des Moines West Hotel West Des Moines
- Residence Inn West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Residence Inn