“Affordable Luxury Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Des Moines West

You added Residence Inn Des Moines West to your Saves list
Residence Inn Des Moines West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 South Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in West Des Moines
Monterey, California
“Affordable Luxury Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on my way passing through from Minnesota to Colorado. It sits in the mall parking lot...was a little hard to find. I was super tired when I stopped and this hotel was perfect for a good nights rest. First, when I checked in the staff was incredibly nice. check in was fast and easy. When I got to the room, it was very clean and spacious. The bed was not as comfortable as other Residence Inns I have stayed at, but it was pretty soft. The bathroom was stacked with towels and washcloths. The main thing I needed was quietness and that is exactly what I got. I did not hear anything from anyone the entire night, not even in the hallway. Breakfast the next morning was great. Plenty of options. The muffins with spinach cream cheese were great. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for s nice clean quiet hotel!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stopped in for short stay and had a wonderful experience. Close to shopping and restaurants. Rooms were clean, the bed was not a typical king but other than that nice room. Breakfast was good and they always kept it stocked. Overall we would return again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for two nights this month and was very pleased with the entire hotel set up. Very quiet area compared to some hotels near the interstate. Folks at front desk were very nice and didn't blink when I asked for a different room away from the road. Breakfast and happy hour was great (free beer!) and easy access to all the main interstates. Do they have rush hour in the area? Loved the slow pace and lack of traffic congestion. (I'm from Washington, DC area so I know what rush hour really looks like.) Cheers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Omaha NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn. We had a studio with well equipped kitchen and the bed was so comfortable! We enjoyed a day of shopping and eating at the Jordan Creek Mall and could have walked back to the hotel had the temperature outside cooperated. The public areas are very nice, breakfast was great, staff helpful and friendly and our room was extremely clean. The only complaint that I have -- the hotel is a bit dated. The dark green carpet in the halls and rooms looks a little old and tired. Same goes for the furniture in our room - time for a little update. Definitely not something that would keep me from booking the hotel again. I will stay there again when in the area, no question.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Montezuma, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a great hotel and our room was great. It had a very nice kitchen area equipped with most everything you would need to cook your own meals. They had a very nice hot breakfast. We enjoyed our stay. The location is great as it is near Jordan Creek Mall which has a lot of restaurants and shopping. If you are traveling for work, this would be a great hotel to stay in. They have a very nice library area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed with some friends for a girl's weekend, and we had a two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite. Both rooms had queen beds and tv's, and there was a pull-out sofa in the living room area with a third tv. There was also a full kitchen, which we did not use.

The room was clean, and had plenty of seating in the living area. I liked the set-up of the bathroom area, with the tub/shower and toilet in one room, and the sink in a separate area.

The hotel is situation within the Jordan Creek Town Center, so it's very convenient to shopping and restaurants. There is no shuttle service, but it wasn't an issue for us. The free breakfast had a lot of variety and was very good. I was impressed with the hotel and would stay at another Residence Inn in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Because I love parks and malls, then I like this hotel. It is not in the middle of nowhere but everything you'll like. Firstly, the location is very convenient since it is right in the heart of a shopping complex where you will find the nice american brands and like everything in this small town, it's spread out with a nice walk path and a huge pond. You will also find a tid bit of international taste bud like a nice Sushi bar (Try Iowa sushi roll!) and fake Chinese upscale restaurant, PF Chang around the corners. In short, it's location in the Jordan creek mall is the best place that Des Moines or this state has to offer. The breakfast is nice but like for any traveler in extended stay anywhere, you'll get tired of the selection or I just thought Residence inn NYC and Chicago has more selections.

The hotel is very neatly priced for the space that it offers. And for someone who comes from a land where everything is smaller and space is premium, i found the rate very cheap which makes your bucks worth every penny. I was on a business trip and had to make this property home for 7 weeks. The staff here is polite and friendly which i observed was a natural behavior of people from Iowa. There about 5 more things i remember from this hotel.1) One day, I found the replenished toiletries so neatly stacked along with my kitchen spotless clean. Which means, housekeeping wasn't as good as this one lady who cleaned my room one time. 2) I like that the hotel has doors in every corner, giving me privacy in my entry. 3) This hotel is pet friendly, i saw my neighbors checked in with their dogs and the pets are happy to walk the park. 4) Beware to use the phone!I had to use the hotel phone several times to call international for important calls but never really got to connect and lasted about 20 min. and my phone bill was over $350! That amount was like my weeks rm bill already, and the rates were not displayed for the user to see at all which I found was kinda sneaky. I had to dispute this and the manager gave me a 50% off after a slight scolding not to use the phone again like I was a kid. But I still find them nice. 5) I can hear every conversation from the room next to mine and they weren't yelling. It's very clear like there was no wall between us. I'm glad the my bed was on the side next to an empty stock rm. So i just thought that was pretty weird after all the many hotels I've stayed into. I only get that from backpacker hostels.

Okay, Residence Inn Des Moines is still pretty neat and I can come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Des Moines West? Share your experiences!