“Closest hotel to Jordan Creek area.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Des Moines West

You added Residence Inn Des Moines West to your Saves list
Residence Inn Des Moines West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 South Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in West Des Moines
Omaha NE
“Closest hotel to Jordan Creek area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn. We had a studio with well equipped kitchen and the bed was so comfortable! We enjoyed a day of shopping and eating at the Jordan Creek Mall and could have walked back to the hotel had the temperature outside cooperated. The public areas are very nice, breakfast was great, staff helpful and friendly and our room was extremely clean. The only complaint that I have -- the hotel is a bit dated. The dark green carpet in the halls and rooms looks a little old and tired. Same goes for the furniture in our room - time for a little update. Definitely not something that would keep me from booking the hotel again. I will stay there again when in the area, no question.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montezuma, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a great hotel and our room was great. It had a very nice kitchen area equipped with most everything you would need to cook your own meals. They had a very nice hot breakfast. We enjoyed our stay. The location is great as it is near Jordan Creek Mall which has a lot of restaurants and shopping. If you are traveling for work, this would be a great hotel to stay in. They have a very nice library area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed with some friends for a girl's weekend, and we had a two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite. Both rooms had queen beds and tv's, and there was a pull-out sofa in the living room area with a third tv. There was also a full kitchen, which we did not use.

The room was clean, and had plenty of seating in the living area. I liked the set-up of the bathroom area, with the tub/shower and toilet in one room, and the sink in a separate area.

The hotel is situation within the Jordan Creek Town Center, so it's very convenient to shopping and restaurants. There is no shuttle service, but it wasn't an issue for us. The free breakfast had a lot of variety and was very good. I was impressed with the hotel and would stay at another Residence Inn in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Because I love parks and malls, then I like this hotel. It is not in the middle of nowhere but everything you'll like. Firstly, the location is very convenient since it is right in the heart of a shopping complex where you will find the nice american brands and like everything in this small town, it's spread out with a nice walk path and a huge pond. You will also find a tid bit of international taste bud like a nice Sushi bar (Try Iowa sushi roll!) and fake Chinese upscale restaurant, PF Chang around the corners. In short, it's location in the Jordan creek mall is the best place that Des Moines or this state has to offer. The breakfast is nice but like for any traveler in extended stay anywhere, you'll get tired of the selection or I just thought Residence inn NYC and Chicago has more selections.

The hotel is very neatly priced for the space that it offers. And for someone who comes from a land where everything is smaller and space is premium, i found the rate very cheap which makes your bucks worth every penny. I was on a business trip and had to make this property home for 7 weeks. The staff here is polite and friendly which i observed was a natural behavior of people from Iowa. There about 5 more things i remember from this hotel.1) One day, I found the replenished toiletries so neatly stacked along with my kitchen spotless clean. Which means, housekeeping wasn't as good as this one lady who cleaned my room one time. 2) I like that the hotel has doors in every corner, giving me privacy in my entry. 3) This hotel is pet friendly, i saw my neighbors checked in with their dogs and the pets are happy to walk the park. 4) Beware to use the phone!I had to use the hotel phone several times to call international for important calls but never really got to connect and lasted about 20 min. and my phone bill was over $350! That amount was like my weeks rm bill already, and the rates were not displayed for the user to see at all which I found was kinda sneaky. I had to dispute this and the manager gave me a 50% off after a slight scolding not to use the phone again like I was a kid. But I still find them nice. 5) I can hear every conversation from the room next to mine and they weren't yelling. It's very clear like there was no wall between us. I'm glad the my bed was on the side next to an empty stock rm. So i just thought that was pretty weird after all the many hotels I've stayed into. I only get that from backpacker hostels.

Okay, Residence Inn Des Moines is still pretty neat and I can come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in the Jordan Creek Mall area, your GPS will NOT bring you to the front door! The wifi leaves a lot to be desired. As a frequent traveler I depend on Netflix to entertain my evenings. Couldn't get through a movie without interruptions. Other than that, the hotel was comfortable, clean and the staff were extremely nice. I hope they improve their wifi as my work will be bringing me back to the area frequently over the next 4 months. Did I mention the staff was great?

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at this property about 5 years ago and had a bad experience. Thought we would
give it another try. This time was much better! The room was clean and the breakfast was very good. Bob in the breakfast area was so friendly and helpful, he greets everyone and makes them feel welcomed. The only negative I found was that the hot tub was extremely hot and we could not even get into it. The location of this hotel is an added plus, being in the mall with
restaurants and shops was very convenient as was being close to the highway. I recommend
this property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife, baby son and I stayed at this hotel last Saturday night. It is located in a very attractive area for shopping, dining and entertainment. It is on a footpath surrounding a pond and several nice restaurants, adjacent to the Jordan Creek mall. The mall itself is upscale, comfortable and worth a visit if you like to shop. During our stay, we had two requests for the front desk: one for a crib and another for extra bath towels. In both cases, the staff delivered what we needed to our room within five minutes. This is the third Residence Inn I have stayed at, and I enjoy this brand for its spacious rooms, full kitchen amenities and breakfast. However, as in my previous two stays, the bed was extremely worn out and uncomfortable—it sagged in the middle. I was exhausted so was able to sleep, but some people might be uncomfortable. Overall, great location, amenities and staff, but bad bed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Des Moines West? Share your experiences!