“The Onion Rings and Pizza Are Very Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 208 Restaurants in West Des Moines
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The Onion Rings and Pizza Are Very Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I first found out about the Tavern II Restaurant in March when I attended a reception here, so when I found myself back in Des Moines over night, I knew exactly where I wanted to eat (the Tavern II)! It is a large place and has seating for two, four, and large groups. The service was very good. I had onion rings which are made from scratch. They are very thing and very good! I also had a pepperoni and sausage pizza and it was very good too! While I didn't have any this visit, the Tavern II has gelato too. I like this place and will eat here the next time I find myself in Des Moines!

• Visited June 2014

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Good sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Five us met at the Tavern for supper. The sandwiches were all plentiful, fresh and good tasting. The location was easy to find. We did have to get the OK from the Mgr to get a round table.

• Visited April 2013
Forest City, Iowa
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A decent experience here. The decor is nothing special and the service is fine, but the food is pretty good. If you get a salad, you must try their house special creamy parmesan dressing: it is just amazing! So tasty! Their pepperoni rolls are great as an appetizer and the pasta is tasty and plentiful!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha, Nebraska
“Absolutely delicious pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in Des Moines for the weekend and decided to try the local pizza. Tavern has excellent pizza. The thin crust, toppings, and sauce are excellent. We ordered ours with extra cheese because we observed the pizzas at the tables near us and decided we like more cheese than the normal amount at Tavern. It actually had plenty of cheese when we ordered extra which was great because sometimes even when ordering extra at places, it still is kind of light. Not the case here, plenty of cheese with the extra cheese order. We will definitely be going back next time we are in Des Moines. We also tried F & O the same weekend, and we would prefer Tavern 100% of the time. We liked that they have ice cream treats too, so you can get dessert! Also, our server was really friendly and on top of things.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Average quality pizza is over priced. West side has decent service, Army Post location has SLOW service.