“Good West Des Moines Option” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Des Moines to your Saves list
Motel 6 Des Moines
Motel 6 Des Moines
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7655 Office Plaza Drive North, I-80 at Exit #121, West Des Moines, IA 50266   |
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in West Des Moines
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good West Des Moines Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This property was other hotel chains before becoming a Motel 6. The room was very clean, great location-make sure to go down to University Ave for a large selection of dining options or over to the Jordan Creek Mall area.

Only negative is I had a room facing the interstate-ask for a room away from the interstate.

I will stay there again when in town due to the location, price and ease to multiple dining options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was one of the nicest Motel 6's I have stayed in. The rooms are inside opposed to outside.
The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. I can do with out shampoo, to me you just bring your own just like when you travel you usually do. No breakfast, which is fine with me because most of the hotel breakfasts you not only pay more money, but they are often loaded with just carbs. So, we went and got breakfast at Perkins. No biggie. I rather select a healthy breakfast. The only thing I would suggest is getting a room away from the traffic. I will stay again. For the two of us we paid $51.51. Can't beat that for one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Litchfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stopped here last night and I was pleasantly surprised the rooms are very nice and well kept. I'm not a Motel 6 fan, but if they were all like this one, I would change my mind. I slept well as the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and modern, great shower. No shampoo in the room, so bring your own. The Internet is available but at an extra charge. I'm used to having shampoo, internet and breakfast in the morning, but McDonalds is just a short walk away. The highway noise is not too bad. I rate this motel as excellant for value, location, clean and up to date rooms.

The location is perfect, next to the Mariott w/o the high price.

Room Tip: If you sensitive to highway noise get a room on the south side as there is an exit ramp right to the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Maryville, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Always liked this motel. Stayed there for several years, always worth the value............however.........stayed there June 29th & 30th 2012 and the non-smoking room I had, had a bedspread SO smoky I could hardly sleep, woke up with a cough. Dogs all over the place, I'm a pet liker, but not a pet lover, so Charlie, keep your $%@@** dog away from me. Dog crap all over the grassy areas outside.

Don't believe I'll be going back soon.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke and don't care to have pets all over the place, and don't care for pi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

First room air conditioner didnt work smelled bad second room said non smoking but could smell smoke clerk stated this was only room left found a bug pretty sure it was a bed bug they did refund our money but we ended up just sleeping in our car will never stay here again staff very friendly though they did try

• Stayed June 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed here for 8 hours overnight with two kids on the way across the country via car. Can't beat the price, $45 plus tax. Things were clean and functional, and the lady at the front desk was nice. The only thing I missed was breakfast; and with a family of four that's usually worth $40 even with cold buffet, so frankly if I had a choice I'd rather spend $85 at a place that offers breakfast. If you only need coffee then this M6 is fine for sleeping. Beds, pillows, and bathrooms were all pretty good. The rooms are plain and have no frills.

Note, the rooms with 2 beds have "double" beds not queen. Sleeping 4 to a room is possible but it's a little tight with 2 people in each bed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Had to stay here one night coming back from Minnesota, we had a horrible ice and snow storm. I was pleasantly surprised, this hotel was clean, cheap, and close to lots of good eating places. I would stay here again and even stay a week or so if ever there is a reason to be in Des Moines for that long. Motel 6 are underrated sometimes, I have found as many to be very nice and clean for the money you pay, but then there were a few that were long overdue for a renovation.

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Des Moines? Share your experiences!