Knowing that I'd have to be in town for an extended length of time, I sought out a hotel that offered a suite and kitchen. Even though this location was a bit further from my office than others, I was very happy with my choice. The room was very spacious, with a large kitchen, and separate sitting area/bed area. Bathroom was nice and clean.
Check-in was fast, although our attempt to check-in early was denied because the hotel was fully booked. Which was fine, it was worth a try. As a loyalty program member I received a package of Oreos upon check-in ... aren't I special?
The main lobby area was quite large with a fireplace, sofas and various tables/chairs. I was happy to find that in addition to a complimentary breakfast, the hotel also served a complimentary light dinner along with complimentary beer and wine. The dinner menu was on the fridge in the room, so I was able to see ahead of time what was being served. The first night they served a very tasty BBQ chicken pizza. Had I not had plans with colleagues for dinners, I would have utilized the dinner each night of my stay.
Breakfast was also quite good, although it seemed slow to come out at times. The morning we left, although it WAS early, it was still within the breakfast hours and there was very little breakfast available. They could stand to purchase a new toaster, as the one they had took forever.
My co-worker used the pool area and had no complaints.
The location was close to the highway, and not far from a newer mall/shopping area.
Will definitely consider this hotel when returning to Des Moines.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites West Des Moines Hotel West Des Moines
- Staybridge Suites West Des Moines Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites West Des Moines Invites Guests to Rest Comfortably Ideally situated near I-80, Des Moines International Airport (DMI) and the Iowa Foundation for Medical Care, Staybridge Suites West Des Moines is an all-suite, upscale, extended stay hotel within close proximity to everything Des Moines has to offer. Long-term guests of our pet friendly Des Moines, Iowa hotel can enjoy all the comforts of home with easy access to shopping at Jordan Creek Town Center and live performances at the Des Moines Art Center. Special events at the Science Center of Iowa and Living History Farms are also less than ten miles away. Business travelers appreciate our extended stay West Des Moines accommodations near Hy-Line International, Wells Fargo and Briggs Corporation. In order to best meet the needs of our professional guests, over 950 sq. ft. of meeting space, a 24-hour business center and free, high-speed Internet access are provided on-site. During your stay, you can enjoy resting in one of our spacious suites with full-service kitchens, exercising in our well-equipped fitness center or relaxing in our indoor, swimming pool. You can start your day by visiting our complimentary breakfast buffet, and end your day by joining us for our community-oriented Sundowner Reception. As you plan your next trip, check out our exceptional Des Moines, Iowa hotel rates and make your reservations with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites West Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.