“Nice rooms, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in West Des Moines
Arkansas
“Nice rooms, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. The property is aesthetically pleasing and great location for shopping at the Jordan Creek Mall with a wide array of resturants within 5 minutes. Easy access to I-235 will get you to downtown Des Moines in about 10 minutes (no traffic). Will stay here again next time we are in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I really like the changes Marriott made to the rooms. I was very comfortable and had a good surface for work the next morning. I am not happy with the change to the restaurant. I waited over 10 mjinutes to place my food order. And then I had to wait over 10 minutes to get my food. There was a group of tourists who clearly had the staff in a tizzy because they couldn't get anyone's order straight. All the tables were packed and we had to wait for a seat. When travelling with a 2 year old that isn't a good thing. I had to leave because I had a meeting and didn't get to eat my breakfast. I want the buffet back, it is a lot faster.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Robert E, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties enjoying Courtyard's new and exciting Bistro concept. We hope that next time you’re in our area you choose to stay with us again so you can experience the Bistro and how wonderful it is.
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just stayed here on a pleasure trip and we had a good experience at the Courtyard.

The staff was very nice and accomodating.

The room it's self was pretty clean, with the exception of a little mold on the grout in the shower.

The lobby was nicely decorated.

We did not get a chance to eat at the Bistro as there were other options we wanted to try around the hotel.

Overall I was pretty happy with everything at this hotel. I gave it a 4 star because of the mold. Otherwise I would have given it a 5 star.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I were in West Des Moines for a wedding. My immediate family had 2 rooms, 1 suite and 1 room with 2 king beds for 3 nights. The extended family had another 10 rooms of varying sizes. The rooms were clean and looked recently updated. The hotel personnel were very polite and accommodating. The pool and workout rooms were quite adequate. The large TV in lobby with chairs and couches were great for watching the Olymipics with the extended family. This is probably as good as it gets for a suburban hotel. My only complaint, and it is a big one; the sheets were rough and worn, and the towels were extremely scratchy. I would say the linens and towels were the quality of an inexpensive motel. I think skimping on the details is a big mistake on the part of the management of this hotel. Hopefully they will read this review and take it seriously. If they were to replace the worn out linens and buy better quality towels this hotel could be excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Robert E, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
My team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry if you felt that our linen and towels were not to Marriott Standard. We have taken your feed back to Marriott and currently looking into other venders for our linen and towels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just stayed there on a business trip. It has been recently converted to the new concept so lobby is clean and updated. The staff is very helpful and the location is right off highway. Good resturaunts nearby. It was a little noisy but I would reccomend.this location

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Robert E, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We're glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the local area. We look forward to your return.
Wentzville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Always a great place for a quick stay. Right across the street from an awesome mall and restaurants. Hot tub us super. I wish Courtyard had complimentary breakfast, but here you pay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We are glad that you were able to enjoy yourself while staying with us. We look forward to your return.
Kissimmee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Pricelined this hotel for $75 a night which is a great value. Very nice lobby lots of couches and comfortable sitting areas. quick serve restaurant with great menu. Pool, hot tub, free lobby computers and mini store. The only problem all week were some loud drunk guests who fought and police called in. management let them remain at Hotel has checked in guests which proved to be problematic night after night.

• Stayed June 2012
Robert E, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
I'm glad that you enjoy our hotel. I'm sorry for the inconvenience due to the other guests in the hotel. We look forward to having you say with us next time you’re in the West Des Moines area.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek? Share your experiences!