“Loved the room but breakfast ruined the whole stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in West Des Moines
Aurora, Illinois
“Loved the room but breakfast ruined the whole stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I really like the changes Marriott made to the rooms. I was very comfortable and had a good surface for work the next morning. I am not happy with the change to the restaurant. I waited over 10 mjinutes to place my food order. And then I had to wait over 10 minutes to get my food. There was a group of tourists who clearly had the staff in a tizzy because they couldn't get anyone's order straight. All the tables were packed and we had to wait for a seat. When travelling with a 2 year old that isn't a good thing. I had to leave because I had a meeting and didn't get to eat my breakfast. I want the buffet back, it is a lot faster.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Robert E, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties enjoying Courtyard's new and exciting Bistro concept. We hope that next time you’re in our area you choose to stay with us again so you can experience the Bistro and how wonderful it is.

St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just stayed here on a pleasure trip and we had a good experience at the Courtyard.

The staff was very nice and accomodating.

The room it's self was pretty clean, with the exception of a little mold on the grout in the shower.

The lobby was nicely decorated.

We did not get a chance to eat at the Bistro as there were other options we wanted to try around the hotel.

Overall I was pretty happy with everything at this hotel. I gave it a 4 star because of the mold. Otherwise I would have given it a 5 star.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I were in West Des Moines for a wedding. My immediate family had 2 rooms, 1 suite and 1 room with 2 king beds for 3 nights. The extended family had another 10 rooms of varying sizes. The rooms were clean and looked recently updated. The hotel personnel were very polite and accommodating. The pool and workout rooms were quite adequate. The large TV in lobby with chairs and couches were great for watching the Olymipics with the extended family. This is probably as good as it gets for a suburban hotel. My only complaint, and it is a big one; the sheets were rough and worn, and the towels were extremely scratchy. I would say the linens and towels were the quality of an inexpensive motel. I think skimping on the details is a big mistake on the part of the management of this hotel. Hopefully they will read this review and take it seriously. If they were to replace the worn out linens and buy better quality towels this hotel could be excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TobeyT
Robert E, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
My team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry if you felt that our linen and towels were not to Marriott Standard. We have taken your feed back to Marriott and currently looking into other venders for our linen and towels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just stayed there on a business trip. It has been recently converted to the new concept so lobby is clean and updated. The staff is very helpful and the location is right off highway. Good resturaunts nearby. It was a little noisy but I would reccomend.this location

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BusinessTravelToday
Robert E, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We're glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the local area. We look forward to your return.
Wentzville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Always a great place for a quick stay. Right across the street from an awesome mall and restaurants. Hot tub us super. I wish Courtyard had complimentary breakfast, but here you pay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We are glad that you were able to enjoy yourself while staying with us. We look forward to your return.
Kissimmee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Pricelined this hotel for $75 a night which is a great value. Very nice lobby lots of couches and comfortable sitting areas. quick serve restaurant with great menu. Pool, hot tub, free lobby computers and mini store. The only problem all week were some loud drunk guests who fought and police called in. management let them remain at Hotel has checked in guests which proved to be problematic night after night.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Robert E, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My business trip to West Des Moines, IA the week of May 14, 2012 is the first time I ever I stayed at a Marriott and I will never stay at another one due to my experience. The carpet was stained and needed vacuumed, the bathroom was dirty (there was dirt and dust built up on the fixtures and hair all over the floor) and did not get cleaned the entire time I was there (except the evening that the assistant manager went in and cleaned it after I complained), the toilet kept backing up and the staff brought me a plunger to clear it up myself, my room key would not work (tried 10 different keys) and I had to wait for staff to let me into my room with the master key, the bed was hard and uncomfortable, the bed linen was rough and scratchy, and it was loud. Brett and Tyler were great, but my experience with the room itself will prevent me from staying at another Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay and subsequent disappointment with your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Jordan Creek. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide a clean room and dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn you are unhappy. We appreciate you sharing your frustrations and concerns.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.